Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » First Visit (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: First Visit
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Narr sure doesn't sound technical to me!

"Nog, pass me the narr flux regulator...?"

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pirate slang: "Narr", meaning something not distant.
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, okay:

"Nog, see the flux regulator in the narr corner...?"

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*slaps the Cardassian aside*

Welcome. Beware of Forumites bearing gifts.

NARR?!
"Hey Elim, stop using that word in a funny sentence or I'll kick your arse into the narr corner of the planet."

------------------
When I see an elephant fly...I'll shoot the mother down.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Ow.

Hey, you narr-sighted hippocrite!

*points at Sol* And he started it!

------------------

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I know what they mean with "Narr she blows".

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No nononono... that's "Tharr She blows" .... and it's ARGH! not NARR..... Who the feck came up with NARR?!

------------------
"Angels, answer me,
are you near if rain should fall?
Am I to believe
you will rise to calm the storm?
For so great a treasure words will never do.
Surely, if this is, promises are mine to give you.
mine to give........ "
~ Enya

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One Sol System is to blame, I suggest we form together, light torches and hunt him down!!

Narr, let's get him matey! Aye, we'll make him walk the plank!

------------------
Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.
~Groucho Marx, "Animal Crackers"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I'm just in touch with my inner pirate.

------------------
"We kid around a lot about people who are cyclopses, but seriously; if you're a mythic figure you've got challenges that no one should have to deal with."
--
John Flansburgh

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Aye tharr, matey!

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Avast there, me hardys! Hoist the mainsail, sharpen me pegleg, and keelhaul the vile scurvy dog what started this "Narr" business! Bosun Garak! Bring me th' harpoon! Good lad! Have a bottle o' grog! Where's the serving wench?!

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

*is enjoying this*

*pokes Sol with his dagger*

Oh, and Renarde: We get off-topic often.

------------------

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome and have fun!

------------------
It's all about the Pentiums, Baby!

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bustles in wearing a tight, low cut bodice and skirt*.... Aye, tharr... did someone ask fer the servin' wench?

------------------
"Angels, answer me,
are you near if rain should fall?
Am I to believe
you will rise to calm the storm?
For so great a treasure words will never do.
Surely, if this is, promises are mine to give you.
mine to give........ "
~ Enya

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Computer, Remove the Plank!

------------------
"I do whatever the voice of Charles Capps tells me to do."

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps