Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » First Visit (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: First Visit
Renande
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pray tell, what is French-ish grammar? I am so become so "anglo" French is almost distant to me. However, would appreciate any correction to my "style". Not being sarcastic, really mean that.

Thanks, Renande

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's when you refuse to put a preposition at the end of a sentence (which is still "wrong" in English, but more tolerated), etc., I believe...

And I noticed absolutrely nothing wrong with your "style."

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought "French-ish" was how John Cleese talked in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Something like: "You don't frighten us, English pig dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person! I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts."

Or: "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough water! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

------------------
Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.
~Groucho Marx, "Animal Crackers"

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited July 23, 1999).]

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Our threads seem to make some weird sidesteps from time to time.. ce n'est pas normal hein!

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RW: C'est bien normal... pour cetter communaut�!

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought "Narr" was the pirate word for No. Narf?!

------------------
Nurse: Can I help you?
Stan: We're here to commit our friend, Kyle.
Nurse: Reason?
Kyle: I'm a clinically depressed fecalpheliac on Prozac.
Nurse: JACKET!!

Renande
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh what a relief thought my spelling was amiss A preposition at end of sentence - I would never do that. LOL

IP: Logged
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Renande, there is someone else on the site who's original language is French ... Raven Rosset. You should look him up, I know he misses having chats in his language.

And don't think we're too smart for you. We just know how to ACT smart. *grin*

*grins at First of Two* ....

------------------
"Angels, answer me,
are you near if rain should fall?
Am I to believe
you will rise to calm the storm?
For so great a treasure words will never do.
Surely, if this is, promises are mine to give you.
mine to give........ "
~ Enya

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arrr..

Julia tells me that if I let somebody else walk my plank, I'll be keelhauled, strung from the fo'c'sle, and given a one-way trip to Davy Jones' locker. And I HATE the Monkees!

Arr! Tis' the life of a pirate o' the Nineties! And nay a gold doubloon nor Spanish galleon to be had... and I gave up grog and ale...

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps