Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » FTP recommendations

Author Topic: FTP recommendations
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a good FTP program to use on my PC. I'm using Cyberduck on my Macs (and love it), but I don't really know what's cool anymore in the Windows world. I'd mostly be using it to transfer stuff to an erstwhile media, er, console (which may include a letter between W and Y.) This device resides on the friendly side of the firewall on my LAN if that makes any difference.

Cheap is good, free is better. I'm presently using FTP Surfer and, well, it's getting the job done, but I wonder whether there isn't something far cooler...

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just use Explorer's built in FTP myself.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I generally use a hacked copy of Bulletproof FTP that dates from about 1999. But on some PCs at work which just can't seem to handle FTP sessions in Explorer (it's totally random, settings are the same as other PCs, they just can't do it, I haven't been able to figure out why) I've installed Filezilla which works and seems reasonably idiot-proof.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using WS_FTP since the '95 release, works great. Its up to Pro 8 now or something.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Filezilla for me. I especially like the portable version.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flash FXP

HERE is a link. I've never had a problem with it and its simple.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use FileZilla or Total Commander.

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps