Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Finally... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Finally...
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This always happens. Discussions about Wolf 3259 end up talking about how the yen matched the peso or some such.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well after all, the Federation doesn't seem to have a type of currency. Maybe they use Republic credits?
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Federation has Credits, too. It's Earth that doesn't use money any more.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HopefulNebula:
I feel so... loved... [Razz]

(And yes, Da_bang, seafood is creepy. Fish are just gross, but shellfish... *shudders*

Omg Yes! SO creepy. Lobster and Crab really get me freaked though. Well, pretty much anything with it's skeleton on the outside is just SICK and WRONG on a million seperate levels. Just picturing those creepy six legged, pinchy little monsters with thier beedy little eyes and those nastyass antennae. *Ugh!* *Double Shudder*

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
The Federation has Credits, too. It's Earth that doesn't use money any more.

--Jonah

But Earth is part of the Federation, isn't it?
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earth's relationship to the Federation is not like, say, Florida's relationshp to the United States. The Federation is a political and economic alliance of independent member worlds. It's more like the U.S.' relationshp to the U.N., if the U.N. had its own global currency that all the member nations used for trade.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reason not to eat seafood #57 : Creepiness.

(See also : here and here.)

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, so more like how the UK is part of the EU but doesn't use the Euro?

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

If the U.K. had abundant free energy and replicator technology, and didn't NEED any currency within their society. [Smile]

--Jonah

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Earth's relationship to the Federation is not like, say, Florida's relationshp to the United States. The Federation is a political and economic alliance of independent member worlds. It's more like the U.S.' relationshp to the U.N., if the U.N. had its own global currency that all the member nations used for trade.

--Jonah

And all this time I thought the Federation had a centralized form of government. But then it brings up the question, could a member nation of the UFP leave if it wanted too?
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

I think we may have seen that happen, or threaten to happen.

And the U.N. having their General Assembly in New York City isn't centralised?

--Jonah

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New England fried clam, Louisiana hot shrimps, Lobster Newberg, clam chowder.
Jambalaya, Gumbo (with extra tabasco and cayenne pepper), sizzling Grembapemba.

Every one of them pearls abound in these peoples' lands. *Stewiemode* "GOD!"

Regarding the lessening of NZ lit standards, you wouldn't believe how many borrowed vogue words/sentences my people have assimilated from your precious Sex und the City, Friends and Desperate Housewives.
The pathetic subway paper columns are rife with them. Swedish and english, dancing together in some dirty mosh pit.
And don't think we don't have our own problems with instant message lingo and comp slang spilling over into every other forum in existence.
Except the obituaries. I think.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's payback for the Swedish Chef. My generation STILL uses "Bork, bork, bork!!"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is lobster Newberg some sort of cousin to lobster Zoidberg?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps