Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Good grief, I feel old... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Good grief, I feel old...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was flipping around last night and, since nothing good was on, I ended up pausing for a moment on the cleavage being displayed on "Las Vegas". I realized that the yummy Nikki Cox who plays on that show is the same person who played Data's little alien friend Sarjenka (SP?) in "Pen Pal" (TNG). Realizing that the first season of TNG was long enough ago for that little girl to grow up so much makes me feel ancient.

You may begin feeling sorry for me now. For having nothing better to watch than Las Vegas I mean.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...though I recall all my friends talking about how hot the little girl from Lost In Space movie would one day be (just after watching the movie in the theatre) and I was in total agreement.

...and holy fuck- we were right.

Besides, for TNG babes "growing up" no one Ashley Judd (drools).

"Pen pals" is one of those few season one episodes I love- it's perect Trek with the Prime Directive problem and fantastic acting from Stewart and Frakes having to deal with it all.
the lack of reprecussions nad bad judgment on data's part are strange and somewhat annoying given how his character is treated after season two though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...oh dear god. You're right.

Wow.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is indeed a wonderful thing. Especially for those of us who appreciate the female form, as she has opted to remain intact, unlike -- say -- Soleil Moon Frye. *moment of silence* I've gotten used to the precocious child stars growning up to be rather impressive human beings. Drew Barrymore. Wil Wheaton. Noah Hathaway... Nikki and Lacey are just some of the latest in that long tradition.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hangon didn't Soleil Moon Frye have naturally large breasts? Didn't she get a breast reduction because they were too large or was this an urban legend - the whole thing I mean.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct on both counts. I've seen her both before and after. They were about on par with Nikki's. Maybe a titch bigger. With a well-fitting bra, they would have been no problem, but they probably interfered in her ability to get serious consideration for a lot of roles. Fucking Hollywood...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I guess no one saw Nikki's other shows before Las Vegas where she was the red head version of Kelly Bundy.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

For the record, before and after.

--Jonah

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

quote:
Originally posted by Mikey T:
Hmm... I guess no one saw Nikki's other shows before Las Vegas where she was the red head version of Kelly Bundy.

I did. She blindsided me on Unhappily Ever Afer, and I started paying closer attention after that.

--Jonah

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moon fries... You can't eat enough of them.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What an age we live in.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
For the record, before and after.

--Jonah

Consider though- crappy snapshot vs. slick professional photograph.

Not that her career is skyrocketing now that she's smokin' hot now anyway.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it hard to reconcile your modern grown-up megastar-brand Kirsten Dunst, with the little blonde moppet in Interview With The Vampire and that TNG ep. Especially since it seemed to happen overnight.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kirsten Dunst..... *shudder*

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it'll be twenty years since TNG premiered this September ... man, I feel old too. I'll feel order when DS9 is at its 20th -- in five short years!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps