Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Heath Ledger is Dead (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Heath Ledger is Dead
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having a few days to reflect on my post on Heath Ledger�s death, I think I may have been a bit harsh in my judgement (not that anyone cares what little old me thinks).

I do believe that people who abuse narcotics or prescription drugs or engage in other risky behavior while aware of the risks deserve a certain amount of the blame for their own demise when it happens. I also believe that our culture places way more value on the death of a famous individual than it does to the deaths of hundreds of nobodys: 300 people die in Baltimore, and CNN won�t do a story on it, but they�ll run a dozen when Britney Spears finally croaks.

Still, I chose to exploit the death of Heath Ledger to make these points, when I could�ve chosen the tactful option of shutting the fuck up or waiting a bit or not referencing him in my post at all. Shame on me. I feel quite awful with myself, but at least I can comfort myself with the knowledge that there are, in fact, bigger assholes in the world. bigger assholes in the world.

But it�s a very small comfort.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's a simple truth, Sir Snay:

it's easier to destroy than to create.

it's easier to rape than plant.

it's easier to be a complete asshat than to be something more.

[Frown]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pensive:

Good timing, chief.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, I never have good timing, sir.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife's father passed away just a week and a half ago. Totally unexpected. He was having dinner with his mother and said he was going to go get some fresh air. He got in his car and before he could start it he died of a heart attack. He was found by a neighbor sitting slumped back in the driver's seat. It was a sad death as he had been tormented for some time with family issues.

Now of course in this time where his loved ones should be able to comfort one another and reminisce on fond memories yet again the truth of human nature is revealed. For now the vultures are here. He had been divorced from my mother-in-law for about 5 years and every attempt to work things out were vehemently opposed by those evil carrion creatures known as their mothers (who each hated the other's child). The bulk of their troubles could be traced to the incessant mettling by these two arrogant matriarchs. Now its all about one side screwing the other over and who is getting what.

The man is dead.

Yet, all they can still see is their bitterness towards one another. Instead of comforting one another they are now engaged in a battle to undermine the other and get all they can get.

And my wife is caught in the middle as the legal next of kin. She is trying to keep the peace and have everyone move on and do things amicably. But the years of bitterness, hatred, and pride will not allow these supposedly intelligent people to actually DO the right thing.

To one and all, for the sakes of your loved ones, PLEASE go and have a will made out stipulating your wishes as to your final disposition and the delegation of your remaining estate as you would have done.

You never know when you may be found with a prescription bottle by your bed or slumped over in your car. Others will judge as they are so inclined there is nothing you can do about that. But you CAN do something for those you care about and that is to take the burden off of them in a time of great heartache and loss.

PEACE

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps