Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Snay's Law? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Snay's Law?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use metric because I'll be damned if I'm going to use the outdated, complicated Imperial system just because the people around me do. Besides, everything I read about my various interests is usually in metric, and most of my friends aren't from my lovely little country [Wink]

Also, when I was living in Texas, on Thanksgiving (which is Thursday) it was about 25C/80F, like normal apparently; then on Saturday it *snowed* which is rare at any time of year in Texas; then on Monday, it was 25/80 again. Something about the jet stream having a seizure.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas has Thanksgiving on the same day as everyone else? I am shocked.

The snow has been replaced with nice bogs of mud here.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not the same day in every country. For example, the countries that don't have it (i.e. all of them), or how Canada has a Thanksgiving on some day or another.

Edit: All of them but USA and Canada ;P

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That danged sarcasm got you again Danny. [Smile]

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Sarcasm can be met with sarcasm! It's in the rule book, lemme dig it out...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Not 'can be' butt must be.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's no reason to call him a butt, though.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Cootie face.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Oh, I missed the 'e', [Wink]

--------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*steers topic bus back on course*

I can understand why some people would have a problem with this sort of "planned cull" but get real folks, too many deer are too many deer. That causes problems. Relocation doesn't help because it just relocates the problem somewhere else.

Too many deer spreads disease such as Chronic Wasting Disease, which is becoming a concern up here in Nowhereville. Add in the fact that there won't be enough food going around and pretty soon you'll be up to your eyeballs in half rotten, half eaten deer and the ever popular roadkill. At least with a controlled hunt most people would haul their kills back to the butcher to be made into deer jerky (which is really quite good by the way)

*steers topic bus right into a wall (4 wheeled piece of junk)*

Did anyone catch Mythbusters this week? Particularly the snow myth episode? Now is it just me or were Kari, Grant, and Tori just looking for an excuse to stick a pig tongue to a flag-pole?

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

No, the problem is too many people crowding the deer in to a smaller habitat.

You were supposed to play Jeff and steer the topic in to a deer.

--------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose you have a point, it is New Jersey that we're talking about. We don't have that problem up here since there's probably more deer than there are people. But it's obvious there won't be a planned culling of people anytime soon, so it's either leave them alone and let them eventually starve to death, or use a more proactive method of population control.

Some people would say don't interfere with nature, but we've already interfered. The only thing that we can do is interfere some more in an attempt to keep things in balance. Whatever balance the people who live there deem fit to have.

I've never gone hunting, even if I wanted to I'd probably never get around to loading up my truck and heading into the bush. And even if I did go, I might not even be able to pull the trigger. Deer are just too damn cute, but too much of a cute thing is worse in the long run than killing off a few.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

No, no people culling. I do not have a problem with shooting Bambi personally, since they taste good almost anyway they are cooked. I believe that letting them waste way would be a crime, PETA be fucked. Since we have made their living area smaller and smaller maybe PETA would be better off trying to get people culled. They could even start with themselves.

The balance would be to cull them to a point just below what their alloted area will support, allowing for several years of births to repopulate the area before another culling is needed, say ten. Of course the total environment would need to be figured, average food supply, planned habitat reductions, Jeff driving through the area, and the such, but it can be guesstimated.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

And as long as we're culling them every so often, we should place the cullings such that they never evolve past a certain level of technology and become a threat.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

They are wishing they had thought of that.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps