Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A helpful time waster (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A helpful time waster
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sugar,spice, and everything nice. And a whole lot of evil every 28 days. With this recipe, you get a creature that has the ability to get me to kick my own ass across the room, while she sits on the couch and cackles.( I am not counting sugar and spice as food, because you could not survive on on those alone.)

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
So what you're saying is that we have enough food to feed 7 billion people, but some of us whorde it, and don't let those who need it have what we can spare. SO it's not a matter of an a food surplus, but the need to learn to share.

If I recall my sociology professor, we do have enough food for the entire population, in fact we have more than enough. It just the means of distribution that fail to provide it.

And Malthus can go fuck himself.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, new plan. Stop giving food to Africa, and unleash a very large pack of hungry, ill tempered man eating tigers in South Africa. We'll then go there in a few Jeeps, herd them into all the townships and put out a highlights show on ESPN.

Any takers?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigers (& other carnivores) don't eat people unless they absolutely have to. We're not among the top food choices.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Obviously these impoverished peoples are getting food. They must, or they simply would not exist."

Yes. The people who are alive, during the time when they are alive, technically have a sufficient level of edible substances to temporarily not die.

The point is that anyone who thinks that's good enough is an ass.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, Shik, but that just doesn't make sense. We have more food in the USA than we need, we're *not giving it to Bangladesh,* yet our birth rate declines and theirs goes up because somehow our surplus affects their birth rate even though we're eating it?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The food has to be available. The population continues to increase.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that rather tautological? I mean, trying to prove that more food available means more people by saying there are more people so there must be food available? I understand it works with mice, but that only proves it works with *mice.*
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, no one likes my idea of killing an maiming for population control?

Shik, you are focusing on a narrow part of what is going on. "Those" people do not have anything else to do, but eat and fuck, so they need to have other activities to keep them too tired to fuck. Have them push a heavy iron hoop with a flimsy stick 40 miles (~64.4km) everyday, they can eat and sleep when they get back. Have men go one direction and women go another, so no breaks can be spent fucking.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I throughly enjoy Ritten's anti-fucking plan, give those starving Africans some elbow grease dammit!

But letting them die is far too inhumane to even be an option. Its in our nature to help those in need.

I also suspect that a slight racist undertone plays a critical role also (I'm not implying that you're a racist though Shik, so everyone put away your pitchforks and torches please [Smile] ). Because honestly people, you can't say that if they were white that the Western world wouldn't react quicker?

Take for example the whole Bosnia incident; we reacted fairly quickly to the "ethnic cleansings" there but Rwanda was almost all but ignored. I think food supplies might work in the same fashion but I'm probably getting ahead of myself.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wouldn't be too far of a leap.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is better than Ritten's Population Control Ver. 1.0, less expensive than a war in Iraq even.

Isn't B.J. a racist? He races those derby cars.

Bosnia is on the doorstep of our NATO interests, there for we had to do something to keep it from spilling over.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

What's racing derby cars have to do with hating other human beings?

--------------------

-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Sean, think word play.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Oh.

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps