Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » True Love (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: True Love
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandwiches?
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
I am a partial germ-a-phobe. It is very irrational because germs are every where, but that is the point of most phobias. They are irrational. Take me Dan. I am partially afraid of germs, and fully afraid of spiders, holes in my clothes, backwash, needles, people spitting on me and for a short time in my past, sandwichs. Most are completely irrational, but I am afraid of them anyways.

you know, of coarse, that all the germs are out to get you.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid of insects,needles, and insects that carry needles.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe I have gotten over my fear of needles, until I get my next shots...

EVen I laugh at the sandwich phobia. I wouldn't eat sandwiches for 3 years. My mom had to pack saltines and peanutbutter and jam in my lunch as a substitute.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
I'm afraid of insects,needles, and insects that carry needles.

Seconded. If I turn around and suddenly see a wasp/bee/hornet sitting on my arm or on the wall or buzzing near my head, I'll scream like a girl then run and hide.

Apocalypse-a-phobia or whatever it might be called. Loud bangs and booms have me thinking of nuclear bombs and meteorite strikes and all kinds of other things like that. That is until my rational part of my brain catches up and say "Lightning" or something similar to that.

I also have Tachycardia phobia (if that's even a proper phobia). If I feel a twicth or feel my heart beating faster, I get worried. It's a kind of a self-reinforcing phobia too, as it the fear of it makes my heart beat faster which in turns makes me fear it more and so on and so forth. Plus my other phobia's feed into this one too...

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ligyrophobia, and Atomosophobia. As for your heart, the closest thing is cardiophobia, but I think that is fear of your own heart.

http://www.phobialist.com/reverse.html

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OverRon, whenever I hear sirens on a stormy day, I'm struck with terror for a moment. Adrenaline spike and everything. I think it has to do with a nightmare I had when I was bout 12 where the world was ending in fire and torment and I watched from my garage as the rain poured down upon humanity's anguish and the air filled with sirens.

I'd just read Revelations, see...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps