Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I guess all that "science" stuff is just bunk?

Author Topic: I guess all that "science" stuff is just bunk?
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not as far gone as some other theories, but yet another "If you'd stop putting all your faith in what you know and believe me without thinking critically, it would make perfect sense" sites.

I refer to:

PHOTON BELT
by VIRGIL ARMSTRONG

Puh-leeze!

------------------
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. Almost forgot:

NASA's Opposing View.

------------------
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost as useless as the Time Cube, but for some inexplicable reason, this guy has a picture of a cute girl in a bikini. So it's not a total loss.

By the way, Spirit and I had a chat this afternoon. Spirit told me to take a nap, and I did. Isn't that wild?

Oh yeah, and the world will be eaten by ravenous space ants in the year 2112.

------------------
"Have you ever seen a bloody egg? Glass in hand, laying up in bed?"
--
They Might Be Giants

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like how everything is centered around the year 2000, not just this but crap like it.

The year 2000? My God! That's comes from a calendar made by HUMANS! It's a good thing someone didn't see fit to change the old calendar with a new one before that Gregor guy, or all sorts of divine and celestrial events would be off kilter. I mean really, what does the year 2000 equal using the Chinese calendar?

------------------
"What is that? A tank?"
--Our Lord and Savior David Koresh, the Second Coming snuffed out before He could any good.

[This message has been edited by Cargile (edited August 03, 1999).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How bizarre, how bizarre!

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that thing. That's nuts.

1. Our sun is NOT travelling in an orbit around anything other than our galaxy, and Alcione is definetly NOT at the center of the galaxy.

2. The Pleidaes are a star cluster, not a constellation. Constellations are human creations, and have no bearing on anything. many of the stars in constellations have NO relationship with each other other than the area of the sky they are in. Viewed from the side, they would be unrecognizable. This joker can't even get his terminology right.

3. The Pleidaes are young stars, freshly (astronomically speaking) emerged from the nebula in which they formed. They are quite a bit younger than our sun, and therefore an unlikely influence on Earthly god-beings of any type.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damned double posts..

Anyway, the whole thing is pure Balderdash. Why, you might as well believe that I'm a Neo-Knight of the Glory Road, in the service of the Ex-Angel Chorevel, who fought against Sammael during the War, but abandoned Heaven during the Inquisition, in protest against the fact that nothing was being done by the Host to end the persecutions, and now roams the Earth trying to defend Humanity against incursions from BOTH sides.

That'd be easier to believe, and it's more internally consistent.

No, forget I said that. Don't believe that, either.
*chuckles*

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited August 03, 1999).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ROTFLMAO@the "photon belt" idiots*

------------------
"I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me."
-from Baloo's cousins' endless supplies of e-mail jokes

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of Two: Send the guy an E-mail, and see what, if any, responce you get.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

I have no interest in an e-conversation with someone who is quite obviously deranged.

Unless I'm talking to myself.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps