Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » 10 things... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 10 things...
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CC Bagel? "Order on-line bagels straight from California!"

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait your spending $3,500 on that car, shakes his head, 3 years ago $3,700 got me a fully loaded Toyota Cressida, now that was a nice car, Wow. The only problem was (major problem) it needed $2500 worth of engine work *&%#@!$, worse of all a friend sold it to us and he was a mechcanic.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all I know is there's a CC Bagel in Norwich, it's got better coffee than starbucks, better sandwiches and DAMN good bagels. I LOVE THAT PLACE.

The parking lot's a bit hard to get out of though.....

------------------
"Elevator to hell, going up." - What Dreams May Come

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"CC Bagels"? Must be another one of Charles's schemes to pay for the forums.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or take over the world.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clovis, Curry county, New Mexico, USA, Earth, Sol System [Say, what galaxy are we in anyway?]

(NOTE: Many of the following items are mixed blessings.)

1. It's the Western edge of Tornado Alley: I get to see spectacular weather develop right over my head before it moves out and destroys part of Texas.

2. Average wind velocity: "Hold on to your hat!"

You never need to rake up the leaves or grass. The wind will pick that stuff up before you can get to it and carry it on into Texas. (Same thing with litter, topsoil, and small dogs, so be careful, y'hear?)

3. Only fifty miles from the (reputed) burial place of Billy the Kid.

4. Less than 10 miles from world-famous archaeological digs where the first "Clovis Point" was found.

5. Southwestern cookin'. 'Nuff said!

6. None of the local dairies or feed lots are directly upwind of our house (true 95% of the time).

7. Internet Service Provider is a small operation run by 3 guys who will drop what they're doing to help you get your system back online now.

8. Swamp coolers are cheap and effective in this dry climate.

9. Blue jeans, western shirt, cowboy hat and cowboy boots are just street clothes.

10. It's less than 20 miles in any direction to go shooting.

------------------
When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps