Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Prodigal Fox speaks his brains (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Prodigal Fox speaks his brains
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A formal message to you all to exchange "Hi, how ya doin?" and the like.
*waves*

It's been ages since I've been able to look about the forums and already I know this exposure will bring on another round of withdrawl symptoms.

For those who like to kept up to speed, I am still in Scotland, (that's that bit of Britain at the top - Yes, under that big cloud that never moves )
I'm packing up for my personal exodus to Reading, proximal to London really. I leave at the end of the month. By October you should hopefully be getting regular bulletins from me as to my mental state in the fallout from this transition. This is part of a cunning plan I have to chronicle my decline into insanity and nervous breakdown, and then market it in book form.

It'll be the big move out y'see. On my own, hundreds of miles from anyone I know. I think the expression is "Kill or Cure"! But right now I'm still eager/excited and horrified/scared-####less in equal measure.

I hope to pop online for the odd day or two between now and then. A necessary precaution as in my absence it seems minds have been busy. UP3?!!!!
In the words of Harry Hill, "What fresh Lunacy is this?!" I am wiping the drool from my chin as I type - this sounds like it's gonna kick global ass!

A little query to TPTB here at flare....
Will I experience any access problems by posting next month from a different ISP? Or is it still OK so long as I recall my password?

And in case we have any new members since my last logon, I say this:
I have always been here.

------------------
Oh Mr Rasberry, so sharp your juices!

[This message has been edited by Montgomery (edited September 09, 1999).]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we know you've always been here. We haven't been able to get the smell out of the carpets. . .

As far as the ISP thing goes, best to change your email details on your Profile. You'll get a new password emailed to the new address, which you can then change yourself. We need your email for special announcements, like specifying the chosen few who'll get to see UP3 in its Beta stage. . . heh, heh. . . }B)

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monty,Monty, He's so Foxy!!

------------------
"If you will not have me as myself, Perhaps as someone else. Perhaps as you, I'll be worth noticing. Then even a eunuch won't resist, The power of one kiss, from such as me.
I'll be that girl: and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."
~ Barenaked Ladies

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fozes, Hellcats, Sexkittens, Oh my!
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Near London, now means, Near The First One!!

Can London take the pressure?

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Fox is migrating down south for the winter?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, London is getting crowded now with Flarers...

------------------
"Why can we never meet anyone nice?"
"Why can we never meet anyone who can shoot straight?"
-Lister and the cat

The First One
Member # 35

We really should get together to welcome the lad to the land of central heating and indoor toilets. 8)

------------------
Phase 1: Steal Underpants
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit!

Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL!*

------------------
"If you will not have me as myself, Perhaps as someone else. Perhaps as you, I'll be worth noticing. Then even a eunuch won't resist, The power of one kiss, from such as me.
I'll be that girl: and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."
~ Barenaked Ladies

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toilets INDOORS ??!!!

You'll be telling me next that you:
- don't use pound notes
- fly the Union Jack
- don't get Star Trek pre-empted for Curling from Stirling, or the Housewives of Auchtermuchty's Annual Golf Championship, or for Children's TV in Gaelic
- don't rub your bloated belly proclaiming "Ahhm dead Sehhxxxy!" in a Scottish accent
- don't spend summer under a stationary Low pressure cloudbank
- don't care in the least about the "Scottish Parliament"
(Hang on, strike that last one...Noone cares about them)

Oh brave new world indeed!

------------------
Oh Mr Rasberry, so sharp your juices!

The First One
Member # 35

Yes. Take a good long look at the gas lamps before you go, you'll not see their like down South. . .
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God, that's right. Liam is there too. Watch out Maggie, things may never be the same.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes indeedily doo. MaGiC's here too.

But...who's Maggie?

------------------
"Why can we never meet anyone nice?"
"Why can we never meet anyone who can shoot straight?"
-Lister and the cat

Jubilee
Member # 99

Damnitt, i'm just going to HAVE to get back to London, now....

------------------
~ Barenaked Ladies

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Maggie is MaGiC?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps