Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Prodigal Fox speaks his brains (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Prodigal Fox speaks his brains
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe... though her RL name is Clare....

------------------
"If you will not have me as myself, Perhaps as someone else. Perhaps as you, I'll be worth noticing. Then even a eunuch won't resist, The power of one kiss, from such as me.
I'll be that girl: and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."
~ Barenaked Ladies

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, Monty!

Regarding indoor plumbing, when one Native American tribe was given new homes (years ago, I forget which tribe) the government agents laughed when the new residents immediately dug deep pits out back, built a small shack around it and relocated the "thrones" out back.

It wasn't until much later that someone asked them about it. They knew how indoor plumbing worked, but to have a device for that purpose within the same house you were expected to prepare food violated their cultural sense of propriety. After that, the toilets were built in outbuildings unconnected to the main house. I hope they at least provided a covered walkway. Even in the "hot" desert southwest, it can get unbearably cold in winter.

--Baloo

------------------
In the race against ignorance, ignorance has a head start.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. When I was out in the southwest at a Boy Scout camp a number of years ago, we did a service project which included setting up electrical wiring for light and other appliances to the above-mentioned outhouses.

I was one of the first people to wire a head for a reservation.

------------------
"We shall not yield to you, nor to any man." -- Freak, The Mighty.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maggie is a fixture in Pink Floyd songs.

"and Maggie, over lunch one day, took a crusier, with all hands, apearently, to make them give it back".

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps