Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » It's now been a week and a half... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's now been a week and a half...
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever tried a patch, Feste?

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons; for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, don't you just love seeing old posts resurrected?

How are you doing with regards to smoking, Jay? Hope you're still off the habit.

------------------
"When they come, kill them. We're not here to make friends." -- Connor

"But you're my friend." -- Duncan

"Count yourself lucky." -- Connor

Highlander: The Element of Fire

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With old posts come reminders of old, dead forum members.

Well, let's see, there's Baloo, remember him? It's Christmas time too. No nifty posts from him.

RW. Well, he's not dead. I've seen him at SFA.

Monty. Well, his foxiness got the better of him, I suppose.

------------------
Communism. Who wouldn't like their neighbour thrown into a goulag?

Please vote for the Communist Party of Canada This November 27th.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think school got the better of him. And Baloo got out of the military and ended up w/ a real job, so he ran out of time, too. And RW... Well, who ever understands anything about RW? :-)

Y'know, everyone always congratulates people on managing to quit smoking, but no-one ever congratualtes those of us who are bright enough not to start in the first place... ;-)

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to congratulate myself and my other fellow boarders who have never become addicted to smoking, and stopped after one or two experiements with the cancer stick.

Never mind that we are being discriminated against at work: why the hell don't I get a fucking smoke break?!

------------------

DEAvendetta
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, when you live in a state that's fairly dependent on tobacco for it's agriculture, your expected to smoke.

But I was made a believer when my dad contracted emphysema last June and quit after 12 years of smoking - Agriculture be damned.

------------------
DEAverification :P

IP: Logged
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I lasted for three months at that point...but I stopped again 8 September 2000. No fanfare this time...and there is a real knowing that that's the end. Not an ounce of tobacco desire.

My lungs love me again, and I've been exercising and my body loves me again. It's all good.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

WOOOHOOOOOO!

Go Jay, Go Jay, Go Jay!!!

------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, shucks.

I feel great though.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About smokers getting breaks at work.

Go with them. That's what I did. You don't have to stand near them, just follow them, get a drink, chocolate, or whatever, then go back when they go back.

Or, even better, take a shit. You save on toilet paper, plus you get paid for it.

Monty was last seen being drowned by a huge group of Vixen's. He's not expected to survive.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Monty posted further up this thread (methinks it's time to change contact lenses). I guess he fought off the vixen's then.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Psy,

Did you see the *date* that Montgomery posted??

Look closely at the year, mind you.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Wait, you mean this isn't 1999? But I keep partying like it is...

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monty's last post was on this past St. Patrick's Day...

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps