Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A couple of christmas questions. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A couple of christmas questions.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can name maybe 5 states. 6 if you puched me.

OTOH hand, how many of YOU know where Liverpool is.
And how many of you can spot what's wrong with Daphne Moon's accent?

------------------
"Obesity. Adiposity. Corpulence. Whatever word you use, it represents one thing: being a big fatass."

Geraldo Rivera

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liverpool is in England. It says so on the Beatle's White album liner notes.

And Daphne Moon, is that who Jane Leeves plays on 'Fraiser? Her accent is wrong?

I can't tell the diff'rence 'tween all them England folks, they all sound the 'xact same t'me, eh?

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liverpool is close to the nothern tip of the England-Wales border, IIRC.

And since I've never heard Daphne Moon, that I know of, I can't answer that one.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Liverpool is near Sheffield.

Er, right?

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RW, you have the advantage of actually being as close to Liverpool as I am to... Connecticut.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RW was in the area. Sheffield's actually closer to Manchester, which is close to liverpool. But you'd never mistake the two, and if you did, you'd find yourself on the floor.

Elim was close too.

And re: daphne's accent. Daphne is a Manc, (from manchester that is). Jane Leeves on the other hand is a through and through cockney. So to everyone over here it sounds like someone from New york trying to do a Texas drawl. Or something like that anyway.

------------------
"Obesity. Adiposity. Corpulence. Whatever word you use, it represents one thing: being a big fatass."

Geraldo Rivera

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*knew where Liverpool and Manchester are*

Here's a question, though? If Dave Lister is supposed to be Liverpudlian, how come he sounds nothing like the Beatles? :-)

------------------
"'...This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!' cried the Spirit stretching out its hand towards the city. 'Slander those who tell it ye! Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And abide the end!'"
-Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Well, how much closer can one describe the location of a city, without consulting an atlas for a precise location or without taking out an unmarked map, scanning it, and drawing it in?

------------------

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well thank you Baloo for understanding what I really meant by my question. I was just making a little joke. Sorry if I offended some people, but PC-ness is just a big joke. I mean nothing is supposed to be funny???? I don't believe that to be true.

------------------
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Liverpool somewhere near France? (It's closer to France than I am, anyhow.)

------------------
When only the police have guns, it's called a police state.
-- Bumper Sticker
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps