Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » HAPPY! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: HAPPY!
Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PsyLiam: Well actually, I'm not sure, because I have no PCI cards in my system right now. But I did get a PCI modem once, and it lagged my computer hellishly. I know a friend who has an even "better" PCI modem - it doesen't just lag his computer, it freezes it. I just don't like PCI...

------------------
I just turned 17! Well, it beats my other sig.
[ www.linneberg.com ] | [ [email protected] ]

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My games....they don't work for a variety of reasons.

Driver won't work because I get a blue screen of death every time I try to load it. Quake III Arena - I haven't tried it yet, but it requires Windows Service Pack 3 (which I can't get because it requires Microsoft Internet Explorer) and Win95 drivers for my CD-ROM drive (which I only have DOS drivers for)

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The GeForce chipset is the other video card you're thinking of Liam. Or so I'd bet.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds about right Sol.

So is there an actual reason you don't like PCI apart from these two incidents which, to be honest, aren't exactly common. Show me someone else who prefers ISA to PCI and I'll show you someone who uses their computer as a microwave.

And why haven't you got Win95 drivers for your CD-ROM? Eh? ANSWER ME!

------------------
"Obesity. Adiposity. Corpulence. Whatever word you use, it represents one thing: being a big fatass."

Geraldo Rivera

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, that PCI modem of yours unless it cost a pretty penny was a Winmodem which would definitely explain the lagging.
Winmodems sacrifice onboard processors for price and thus they require the cpu to do much of their work...*shudder*....sort of the reverse of a 3d accelerator.

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

PsyLiam: Get this...the CD-ROM is a DELTA. Piece of crap thing. Didn't come with '95 drivers....

Yes. I don't like PCI cards because when I had a PCI video card, it fit in upside-down. *ROTFL*

Mucus: Yes, the PCI modem was a Winmodem. But TJ (the friend with the modem) maintains that his isn't...hmmm.

------------------

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I got for Christmas was two hundred or so buck, with which my brother and I went out and bought Septerra Core and Silver. Harvest Moon 64 should be in the mail any day now...

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coddman: Point of advice: Don't play Quake III Arena unless you have a cable modem or higher

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"My son and I have this wonderful kind of rivalry. Since I've taken over the Mac department in our home, he's seen fit to take over the PC. I have a routine I do for him, walking down the hall, bumping into walls, doing corkscrews and stumbling. I tell him I'm a Windows operating system." - John de Lancie

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

Fabrux: Uh, no need to worry about that. *L* I can't even play that game, much less play it online. My computer has so many issues it's not even funny! Q3A will not work because it's game CD-ROM contains Windows 95 long filenames. What were they thinking when they did that one, eh? *L*

And if Q3A did load, the B.S.O.D. (Blue Screen Of Death) that results on my computer whenever you try to load an application that plays CD-Audio would surely obliterate Q3A's chances of working. AND! If it got by those two barriers, surely something else would pop up. *L* I'm going to sell this P.O.S. and add the money from the sale to my mom's Car fund.

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps