Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » A much needed clean up act (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A much needed clean up act
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, its good to see the fiesta of love rolls on.

Regarding the Palestinian people / Palestine debate and the implied lack of legitimacy, this is a red herring. Even the Balfour Declaration acknowledged way back in 1917 that the area had "non-Jewish" communities that had rights.

quote:
His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.
*emphasis added

The 24 July 1922 Mandate for Palestine from the The League of Nations The League of Nations reads:

quote:
Article 7.

The Administration of Palestine shall be responsible for enacting a nationality law. There shall be included in this law provisions framed so as to facilitate the acquisition of Palestinian citizenship by Jews who take up their permanent residence in Palestine.

*emphasis added

United Nations Resolution 181 of 29 November 1947, Part I, Section C, Chapter 3, Sub-Section 1 refers to:

quote:
Palestinian citizens residing in Palestine outside the City of Jerusalem, as well as Arabs and Jews who, not holding Palestinian citizenship, reside in Palestine outside the City of Jerusalem shall, upon the recognition of independence, become citizens of the State in which they are resident and enjoy full civil and political rights.
*emphasis added

Part III, Section C, Sub-Section 1, Part b reads:

quote:
To foster co-operation among all the inhabitants of the city in their own interests as well as in order to encourage and support the peaceful development of the mutual relations between the two Palestinian peoples throughout the Holy Land; to promote the security, well-being and any constructive measures of development of the residents, having regard to the special circumstances and customs of the various peoples and communities.
*emphasis added

These documents appear to make it clear that the Palestinian people existed as a social and cultural entity before 1947.

quote:
It is my contention that the Israelites set fair and reasonable conditions for their withdrawal from the occupied areas�
Care to list these fair and reasonable conditions so we can all see.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
mutual relations between the two Palestinian peoples throughout the Holy Land
Q: How can there be TWO "Palistinean peoples?"

A: There are two peoples, (Jews and Arabs) living in the region called Palestine.

If you can think up another answer to that question, I'd like to hear it.

I would presume that the Arab state-to-be was also to be called Palestine. Since the rest of thequotes above presuppose its existence, they are not entirely relevant, since that event
quote:
upon the recognition of independence
never came to pass due to the attacks upon Israel.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps