Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » So much for the reds... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: So much for the reds...
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really want people to start wading through tax tables and factoring in the comparitive availability of deductables? Or adding in services that you pay for privately in some nations and recieve publically elsewhere? Or crunching the whole thing through some sort of cost of living equation?

Because without that, numbers, assuming we could arrive with them in the first place, are pretty irrelevant.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inland Revenue

...and VAT (sales tax) is 17.5%.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
scratch that.

[ October 15, 2002, 13:23: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I know that a better health care system has been proven to lead to a more productive economy.

Where?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, common sense would suggest that better health care results in more living, non-sick people, and those are the types that earn and spend money. If you have a lot of sick and dead people, the only people making any money are doctors and undertakers.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and autopsy equipment makers. you can't forget about them. and coffin salesman. also shroud weavers. lots of people, see?
IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the thing about "common sense." It's so rarely backed up by the facts. [Razz]

Hey... Newsweek (March 27, 1995, p. 60) reported that 100,000 people a year in the U.S. die "as a result of preventable medical errors--the equivalent of a jumbo-jet crash EVERY DAY."

THIS could be better, hm? Let's fix what's wrong with the health-care system NOW, before we expose everyone to it. [Smile]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused. Who's arguing for what now?
Stop switching topics and sides...aaaaa....

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Figure base taxes isn't that hard to do....

For me:
Federal 10% on anything from $124.00 to $355.00
Federal 15% on anything from $356.00 to $991.00
State 4.2%
Social Security 12.4%* (Self Employed)
Medicare 2.9%* (Self Employed)
*it is 6.2 % and 1.45% for employees....

Only variables would be local taxes and state...

If a person hasn't a clue as to what they pay in taxes then they should really figure it out....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidently the US has some of the worst immunization records in the world (particularly child immunization).

[ October 19, 2002, 07:35: Message edited by: Wraith ]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
our immunisation is nonexistant. we switched over to immunization ages ago.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explains why we have an awful record of it then....
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

So I can't spell, so sue me! [Razz]

Your immunization record is appaling also.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

So fix it then.....
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

Done (assuming that you ment the spelling, not the immunization record).

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps