Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Bali Bomb Blast (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bali Bomb Blast
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tahna Los:
Some Japs still hate the Americans, First.

You are never again allowed to make fun of Bush using the term "Pakis".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:

A Briton, astoundingly enough, is a person from Britain. "Britain" being a shortened form of "Great Britain", that being a large island on which are located England, Scotland, and Wales.

Although technically right, "Briton" does usually include someone from Northern Ireland as well. Yes, I know that technically the name is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland", but in 99% of cases, Great Britain and the UK are interchangable terms.

This doesn't stop you from being a bit silly for not being able to figure the term out Andy-boy. I want an essay on sillyness on my desk first thing tomorrow. And one on postscript writing too.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
funny, where i grew up 'Paki' is what we called the liquor store.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"...and at least 10 "Britons" - it had on Sky News - that's English or UK people?"

A Briton, astoundingly enough, is a person from Britain. "Britain" being a shortened form of "Great Britain", that being a large island on which are located England, Scotland, and Wales.

Yeah thanks for that pound of sarcasm TSN. Sheesh. I fucking knew you're patronising definition. Traditionally Britons were a Celtic people living in roughly the area now known as England. Of course they didn't mean them - but I though they could have still ment solely 'English' and not necessarily any others from Wales, Scotland, Isle of Man, Jersy, Guernsey etc. etc.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FO2, I suggest you do some research and look at the living standards of Iraqi's before America began its glorious & righteous war. They were actually quite good. Though I'm sure you'll find some source or the other that says otherwise.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, poisonous gas falling from the sky is freaking great living condition.
IP: Logged
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And an arguably better one than clouds of radioactive dust falling from said sky.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by O Captain Mike Captain:
funny, where i grew up 'Paki' is what we called the liquor store.

Out of a sense of curiousity and dread, were they mainly staffed by people of Indian or Pakistani decent?

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope. none of them in the woods. 'packy' was short for 'package store'
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Gotcha.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
FO2, I suggest you do some research and look at the living standards of Iraqi's before America began its glorious & righteous war. They were actually quite good. Though I'm sure you'll find some source or the other that says otherwise.

Since you're the expert on Iraqi living conditions, why don't you post the information you so obviously have that the rest of us don't?

Oh, and that info you have wouldn't happen to be before Iraq's glorious and righteous war against Iran, or it's glorious and righteous invasion of Kuwait, would it?

And then please tell it to the gassed Kurds and the gassed Shiites. I'd like to see the survivors' reactions.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
gassed Shiites
Hehehe [Razz]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll bring up the Iraqi woman that I met in Marysville. She said life sucked, because for the decade prior to Bush the First the Iranians had been attacking.
I will ask her, or her kids, one of which was eight and may remember the Post-Bush the First era, to post here....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The IRANIANS had been attacking?

Flaw right there. Every history of the Iran-Iraq War I can find has Iraq invading first, on Sept. 22, 1980.

Maybe she means after 1982, and up to 1987, when the Iranians drove out the Iraqis and started to invade Iraqi terrotory.

http://i-cias.com/e.o/iranirqw.htm

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since she was getting bombed I would also think that it was the later part of the war....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps