Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Point and Counterpoint: Unions (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Point and Counterpoint: Unions
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll see if the library has it.... since I got laid off today I seem to have developed a fair amount of time....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, hey! Immediate bright-side observance required! Now you can volunteer for the "Guns for Schools" programme! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Partially funny thing is I was a weapons instructor for mortars, rifles, pistols.... So I am qualified to do this....

M-1911 .45 Cal, M-9 9mm, M-16 5.56mm, M-2 .50 Cal, M-252 81mm mortar, among others...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(newly-sprayed) graffitto seen on a bridge in Stratford, east London:

quote:
UNIONISTS HAVE A PROBLEM FOR EVERY SOLUTION

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's something else. Are you sick and tired of the following commercial:

"Support Union Local xxxx. We are the heart of what makes the city run..."

Or some other conceited garbage like that.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
XXXX. Good beer.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's not.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

Cockfosters.

--------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about crown lager?

Cockiefosters: Many people get off there?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worst...joke...ever.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The United Mine Workers, The International Assosiation of Machinist and Aerospace Workers, and The Pipefitters have all represented members of my family over many years. The IAM took Carbide workers here in the valley from 1:10 an hour to abot 4:00 an hour, after a seven month strike. Our family of 8 ate a lot better after that strike.

I wasn't born when most of the family were miners, only one cousin is working in the mines now. His father had insurance to cover the Black Lung he contracted working in low coal. My father worked it in his younger days, and did his father and step father.

I don't pretend that there are no problems with Unions, I know what the Mine Workers can be like, and the Teamsters, which some of us have been in also, but if it were not for unions, we would all be working ourselves to death for little or nothing, like the miners in West Virginia were doing before the UMW came. It is not all peaches and cream, but the people in the union make the union, and it will be as good or bad as it's members.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

So I was in a silly mood.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps