Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I'm gonna gitcha because ya tried ta off ma old man..... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I'm gonna gitcha because ya tried ta off ma old man.....
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom: Straw men burn.

Tahna: It is when everybody but the bad stand-up comedians and the Democratic version of the right-wing conspiracy theorists discounted it months ago.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a valid question.
What do you propose/support doing about North Korea?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we could help them along with their nuclear program by sending them a few, three or four 'Peacekeepers' should do the trick. I mean, since we helped out anyway, we might as well go all the way....

or,

Let South Korea, China, and Japan invade them, then the rest of the world can cry that we let if happen...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"i new that skipping my classes today was wrong, but i did it anyway."

If you honestly believed that it was wrong, you wouldn't have done it. You may believe that it's wrong in the eyes of others. You may even believe that it is ultimately detrimental to yourself. But you obviously don't actually believe it to be "wrong".

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chopping my left hand off is wrong...

So I will not do it....

Chopping off anyone's right hand is wrong, so I shall not do it....

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN, all i have to say is [Roll Eyes]
IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That most certainly wasn't a straw man. You implied the peace process in Northern Ireland had failed and that people were killing one another again with great vigour. And, um, that isn't happening, at least to my eyes. So if you define what's going on Northern Ireland as a failure of peace, fine, but then there's a far a greater one in DC or, statistically speaking, any American ghetto any day of the week.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well bearing in mind there've been something like 700 killings and well over 1000 woundings caused (or almost certainly caused) by the IRA and other paramilitary groups in the last few years, I'm not sure it's really been all that successful. The figures were from The Telegraph BTW, and i think were actually slightly higher...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that doesn't mean it's "fallen apart". I assume you intend to live at least to the age of 50, yes? But you're not 50 yet. Does that mean your attempts to live to age 50 have "fallen apart"?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wraith: Unlikely.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/story.jsp?story=344988

quote:
SECURITY was today being stepped up around police and Army bases in Northern Ireland in the wake of a chilling new threat from the Real IRA.

The dissident republicans yesterday claimed responsibility for a weekend bomb attack on Castlederg police station and warned it was preparing to step up its campaign of terror.

Kablooie.

Don't make false comparisons between Ireland and DC. Omagh in 1998 got nearly triple the DC sniper's body count in less than 1/14th the time.

The group responsible is still active, as mentioned above. It's only a matter of time.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While we're talking about false comparrisions, please take your own advice regarding FDR/Bush/World War II and Iraq.

Thank you.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Hurry up and join the Baltimore PD, Snay.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-2109408,00.html

--------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm shocked (well ok, not really) that anoyone expected consistent or moral foreign policy (or other policy) from any government. Let alone the one that sets the standards for hypocrisy.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

They are consistently inconsistent...

Aren't we all slightly though....

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps