Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I pledge allegiance...

Author Topic: I pledge allegiance...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From an article in Playboy Forum:

For politicians:
[Face camera] I pledge allegiance to the morning polls of the UNited States of America, and to the momentary preferences for which they stand: one nation, under God, easily divisible, with liberty and justice for sale.

For National Rifle Association members:
I pledge allegiance to Samual Colt--the man who made all men equal--and o the Second Amendment behind which I stand, one nation unger guns, with ammo and assault rifles for all. You got a problem with that?

For immigrants:
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, understanding that this will not protect me if my associations, statments, or behavior are deemed suspicious by the INS, FBI, CIA, the Office of Homeland Security or the cable TV installer who has agreed to report "suspicious activity," such as being MIddle Eastern.

For Windows users:
I pledge allegiance to the waving icon that appears on my computer each morning, and to the monopoly for which it stands, one system, under bill, with liberty and Internet Explorer for all.

For CEOs:
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the island of Bermuda, and to the tax haven for which it stands, multinational, under the Fifth, with bonuses and options for the board.

For the religious right:
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Manifest Destiny for which it stands, one Judeo-Chrristian nation, under a white, blue-eyed God, indivisible until the South rises again, with liberty and justice and a front=pew seat for everyone but the homosexuals, feminists, and Darwinists. Amen.

For the secular humanists:
I pledge allegiance--within the limits of rationality--to the dyed-cloth symbolic representation of the fragment of the universe in which by random chance I came to exist, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible-at least until we get some kind of workable world government.

For lawyers:
We, the undersigned, freely pledge nonbinding allegiance--with the understanding that this does not constitute a contract between the two parties, to wit, a natural person and the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which said flag has been empowered to act in all manners: one nation, under God (although any disputes arising from this agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of New York) indivisible without 30 days' prior written notice supplied to the parties either in person or by certified mail--with liberty and justice reserved for the undersigned.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Yamashiro Den
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now we sit back and wait for someone, probably Farquad, to take offense.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why take offence when you can give it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm, which choice do I make....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, secular humanism all the way.

I like the lawyer pledge best, though. [Big Grin]

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by E. Cartman:
Oh yeah, secular humanism all the way.

I like the lawyer pledge best, though. [Big Grin]

Yup, that and the politicians' one. [Big Grin]
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bloody beautiful
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secular humanism here, too.

Have to agree the lawyer one is funniest, hands down.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps