Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Anybody know if this is accurate? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Anybody know if this is accurate?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, man, go find a cookie or something.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though while he eats it, I'll call Godwin.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega...
1. broad strokes cover the actual item, and a whole area around it, so you are right there... Mountain and Mole Hill idea here...

2. He could claim to have wanted to prevent the problems the Palistinians are having with Israel, or sided with any number of Arab and/or Islamic nations. If allowed to continue his genocide the USS Liberty incident wouldn't have happened, Yom Kippur, the 6 Day War, etc wouldn't have happened, the Middle East may be the most stable region in the world...

Point of view.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can always tell adolescents, they nitpick to the point of obsessiveness. Yes, Omeychops didn't actually demand anything, he said:

quote:
Maybe we should set it up where the presidential appointees are automatically in, unless SPECIFICALLY blocked? It'd keep people from pulling stunts like this, and force them to explain exactly WHY the judges were being blocked.
. . . however, I was being facetious. It's a perfectly valid reaction to someone who has endlessly defended, say, the ineffable carving in stone in the Constitution of the right to bear arms, yet in the quote above is actually proposing something that erodes away at the very democratic principles the document is founded on.

I guess we should expect nothing less from someone who once said (again, I'm paraphrasing - think of it as another of theose broad strokes that eren't entirely without merit) "I do everything the Bible tells me, apart from a few areas where it could be improved, like being more explicit in the utter damnation of homosexuals."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I guess we should expect nothing less from someone who once said (again, I'm paraphrasing - think of it as another of theose broad strokes that eren't entirely without merit) "I do everything the Bible tells me, apart from a few areas where it could be improved, like being more explicit in the utter damnation of homosexuals."
This sounds like he said that he is a homosexual, because the Bible isn't explicit enough....

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? Must be some sort of cultural difference, it seems to make sense to me. Mind you, I used the phrase "out of interest" (as in "out of curiosity") when asking a question on another BB the other day and the person I was addressing assumed I meant I wasn't actually interested.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that reference.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee:

proposal != advocation

Learn your own language. Until you do, I see no reason to even acknowledge your posts.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
Lee
Member # 393

He's regressing. He hasn't used the old "you made one small grammatical mistake in your last post, thereby invalidating everything you've ever said to anyone in the world ever, so I don't need to ackowledge your post, let alone try to argue against it, look I've got my fingers in my ears, la la la, I can't hear you" gambit (othewise known as the "dog ate my homework" tactic) in at least, what, six months? This is what happens when you stop actively not wanting to lust and start trying to acquire sexual favours with peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

honey....
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it happens when you're talking to a jerk who constantly misunderstands posts that a third grader could grasp.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, we've known that for quite a while Omega, it's just good to see you're able to take a semi-objective look at yourself. I don't think it is neccessary for you to call yourself an idiot, however.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now let's dip some girl's pigtails in the inkwell!
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

honey......

This is the only proper response.....

Ink tastes funny...

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps