Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Repeal the 2nd Ammendment, Part Deux (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Repeal the 2nd Ammendment, Part Deux
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be surprised about that since there ARE shootings that occur in large urban cities, plus the population is many times that of little towns. But what grudges are there that these people harbor which lead to such an outburst?

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a big-time felony to sell handguns to anyone under the age of 21.

It is a big-time felony to sell long guns (rifles, shotguns) to anyone under eighteen.

Where did these teens get the guns? Did an irresponsible dealer sell them to these kids? Did irresponsible parents give firearms to these (legal) children? Did these kids go out & buy them on the black market?

These guys were into a whole boatload of illegal stuff.If no-one noticed something was going on, they were deaf, dumb, and blind or in deep, dark denial.

--Baloo

------------------
Dogged persistence is often a suitable substitute for raw intelligence.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be willing to bet that the parents were most of those Baloo.

------------------
'Those are the headlines. Happy now?'
-Chris Morris.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should also be mentioned that we have discovered that these kids were prohibited by law (by virtue of a previous incident) from owning or possessing any firearms or weapons at all.
Somebody forgot to enforce that one, I guess.

And, as I stated elsewhere, only one of the weapons thay they used was even legal to own in the first place. The so-called "pistol" they used has been shown to be a "Tech-9", a weapon that was made illegal under the recent (and unenforced) "asault weapons" ban.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

MikeW
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*steps out of lurk mode*

Baloo--

Colorado curently has VERY lax gun laws, and it currently isn't illegal to sell a shotgun or rifle to someone as young as 16. I believe a lot of the hubub at the beginning was that the Colorado Senate (or house or whatever) was currently debating laws effecting the purchase of handguns. *wishes he'd pay more attention*

I've been repeatedly sickened on the garbage the media is playing on about this incident. I've seen so many things blamed, from Marylon Manson to DOOM. Obviously weapons laws are an easy target in a situation like this... But in the end I believe you find re-regulation of ANY kind will be fruitless. You can't regulate the way people think. And if a person is intent enough on exacting revenge on someone thats repeatedly mocked them for years, then there will be no stopping them. No matter how many of their toys you take away from them.

It occured to me that this was a hate crime. Most people think of hate crimes as crimes against a minority group of some kind, but that isn't true. Has anyone here ever hated someone REALLY intensly? By nature I'd never hurt anyone (well, in RL *lol*) but when I was in 7th grade this guy who would later go on to be captain of the wrestling team at our school was CONSTANTLY taunting me. One day it got too much to bear and I just exploded. Beat the living crap out of the guy. I've never been that pissed off at anyone, and never really have since. But the point of this story is, if you hate someone enough, you will do anything to them. These guys simply used guns because they were easy to obtain. If they didn't have those, they'd most likely have used bombs (someone actually said Grenades, which I know is bull) or anything else they could get their hands on. Even if they didn't have ANYTHING AT ALL, they'd just gang up eventually and use their bare hands and beat people to death. It would be a riot. But it would still happen.

And according to what I hear lately, they were planning on killing at least 500 people before crashing a hijacked plane into New York. Compared to that 15 people is nothing. We can easily get lost in the sorrow of such a painful situation, but with that kind of eyesight I guarantee you'll get lost pretty quick. I've looked long and hard into the face of death this past month, loosing a friend of mine, an old school teacher, and my aunt... I can tell you it isn't fun. It makes a person not want to get up in the morning.

Call me hard hearted if you want. Unfortunately in situations like these, its all you can do to survive.

------------------
-=-=-=-=-
Just killing Mom till Time gets here!

http://thunderchild.simplenet.com
-- Total Eclipse Productions, Sonora CA
--- Currently shooting "Dark Days I: Ragnarok"

IP: Logged
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I'll add something to this thread. Here are some of the Letters to the Editor that came to the newspaper I work for regarding the Second Amendment and the school shootings.

Go here.

------------------
Mine is the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard the DOOM and Marilyn Manson rumors.

Here's the straight dope (with apologies to Cecil Adams...)

Marilyn Manson Kills Puppies (not).

DOOM: The Harris Levels

--Baloo

------------------
"The government has just completed work on a missile that turned out to be a bit of a boondoggle; nicknamed "Civil Servant", it won't work and they can't fire it."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps