Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Columbia, prophecy - it WAS a serious topic (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Columbia, prophecy - it WAS a serious topic
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.....mabye a ignorant Ass-Monkey?
NOT you personally, but there's plenty of ignorant jerkoffs that just love to say "it's all been foretold by so and so".
Same Ass-Monkeys hat think the pyrimids and Stonehenge were built by freakin' aliens.
Morons.
BTW, Weeekly world news this week has a great story of duck hunters shooting an angel by mistake.
Gotta be true. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we say it might have referred to ANYTHING.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Delenn expresses it best:

"What must happen will happen. Valen said this day would come. Were we to stand in the way of prophecy?"
"But...What if you are wrong?"
"Then speak well of me when I'm gone."

-- Delenn and Lennier in "Chrysalis"

Ahhh...but even Delenn told Lennier that "we know now that Valen was Jeffrey Sinclair, that he knew only what Sinclair knew. when he left us, the future became fluid."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And we say it might have referred to ANYTHING."

More accurately, it referred to nothing, since it's crap.

BTW, I predict that, in the future, something will happen that will be considered a disaster, and it will involve something blue. And the number of people who die will be a multiple of 1.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ahhh...but even Delenn told Lennier that "we know now that Valen was Jeffrey Sinclair, that he knew only what Sinclair knew. when he left us, the future became fluid."

But then we also have the situation of Babylon Squared where some of the crew saw an alternate future where B5 was overrun by Shadows.

There was the line by Entilzah Ivonova, where the Minbari thought that Sheridan would return in the future. He never did in her time.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"And we say it might have referred to ANYTHING."

More accurately, it referred to nothing, since it's crap.

BTW, I predict that, in the future, something will happen that will be considered a disaster, and it will involve something blue. And the number of people who die will be a multiple of 1.

I'll do you one better:
I bet that in the next ten years a Airplane with blue and white paint will crash in a field leaving no survivors.
I also predict famine in Africa within ten years.
...war in the next ten years involving many nations.
...the cancelation of three of your favorite sci fi television programs.
...computers will be faster.
...taxes will be higher.
...someone from this forum will be dead.
...the stupid "Dream Team" show will be cancelled.

See? Just call me the Oracle of The Flare Forums.
That'll be $39.95 each payable in cash or paypal.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But what will happen to Fletch?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Fletch will go on....Fletch is Eternal.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps