Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » _ORANGE_ you scared!? the US is on orange alert!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: _ORANGE_ you scared!? the US is on orange alert!!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to remember where the target was in the book, but I'm stumped. Then again, the bomb didn't actually detonate per se, it fizzled.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it went to Orange Alert after that Michael Jackson special!! [Smile] I had it taped and watched it today... what - a - freak.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to remember where the target was in the book, but I'm stumped.

Denver.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better Denver than Baltimore.
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Denver is apparently quite a nice place, while nothing I saw on Homicide: Life on the Streets made me want to go there. Its status as Birthplace of Snay is just the icing on the cake.

--------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Denver is the easy way into the "Mile High Club".

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Denver? the 'mile-too-low' club..
Lee
Member # 393

And you know this how, Ed?

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in Denver the summer before last, the dog was rather displeased with the hot weather, so he, being the sensible little fellow that he is, decided to spread his legs on the marble floor of the State Legislature foyer and treat his poor crotch to the cool kiss of democracy.

Anyway, this is relevant because of this. Only vaguely, I suppose, but I get the sense it'll clear up Vogon's confusion. (And also, I guess, because dog crotch relates indirectly to sex.)

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And you know this how, Ed?

It's a mile above sea level, without the plane.

On the orange alert, well, I live in the boonies, and even though there are some rather large chemical plants here, they are not doing a lot of business these days, and I don't worry about being bombed or whatever.

My sister is getting some training for her job. She works for FMC in North Carolinia, and the training was in Virginia. I didn't think anything about it till she called last weekend. Her husband is with her, and the group was sight seeing. As she was hanging up, she said they were pulling into Arlington National Cemetary. That's when I realized she was not only close to DC, but in DC at that moment. I started worrying a little more at that point.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live at sea level -in South Florida.
As fucked up as we are I doubt anyone woyld even notice any WMD going off: we have a pretty thick skin for the surreal.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if Bush really wanted to get some terrorists, he would build a new World Trade Center that looked partially finished, even though it was fully operational and armed much better than the original, then set the national alert level to the lowest color.

the terrorists would all be caught in the ensuing trap!

Operation: Ackbar

Lee
Member # 393

"Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational World Trade Centre?"

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no. The terrorists would use fighter jets to attack the WTC's main reactor and defeat the New Imperialist trap.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

quote:

"Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational World Trade Centre?"

"Which you can find in the Yellow Pages!!"

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps