Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » When it comes to pets ... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: When it comes to pets ...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One needs a reason, now?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CATS RULE!!!!!

I have two, mother and daughter. One of whom is mentally retarded (although very cute).

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can have a mentally retarded cat? How can you tell?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're all mentally retarded in a way, none of them understands simple logic
like when you put the harness on them and walk them in a leash and they go under a table,
then around four chair legs, they WILL GET STUCK! :-)

In any other case, cats are the most astute pets I've met.
Do one twist with the can opener and they're between your feet, trying to push you over.
But take out the little cat travel box from the closet before a trip and you'll have to call the US Marshals for a search party.
And I live in a 40m� flat, you'd think it would be easy...

Also, he can sense when I'm sad, which has been a lot since my gf and I broke up in January.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
You can have a mentally retarded cat? How can you tell?

She's even stupider than the other one. [Big Grin] . Probably cos her mother keeps headbutting her.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I mean REALLY... what can posess someone to ignore or mistreat such cute animals?
Same thing that causes people to mistreat people, the feeling of power over the animal that they can abuse or treat decently at their own personal whim. Or, like the parents of drug dealers in the larger cities, they have nice clothes and beamer and caddies while the kids are still wearing their first ever diaper at age eight, they just don't care about anything but themselves, and will get what they can hurting whomever.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that and the fact that most people only have a conscience as regards to people they know and can see. If you gave people a choice between letting a friend die, or a hundred nameless faceless people hafway across the globe die...they're first instinct would probably be the people the don't know.
Non-humans and nonsentients (i.e. cats) would probably rate even lower.

Its not being evil, its just plain human nature. People want to be nice to themselves, failing that to people they know, or can see....animals...plants....bacteria rate much lower.

PS: "I mean REALLY... what can posess someone to ignore or mistreat such cute animals?" So I presume that its ok to ignore or mistreat animals that aren't cute? [Wink]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those crazy-ass fish with the flashlights in the sea? Who'd care if they died?

NOT ME! THOSE FISH ARE UGLY AS FUCK!

DAMNIT! EW!

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also a cat person. I have 4 cats and one of them can open doors. Intelligent bastard. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DOGZ RULEZ0R!!!1
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ew. Dogs.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brian Fellow: Did you see that haircut rabbit? With the short haircut?

Doc Ellis: Yeah I did.

Brian Fellow: That was CRAZY!

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a cat person, too. Care to swap recipes?

It beats me how somebody could consider Panthera tigris "cute", though. Even at the kitten stage, when they can only kill small dogs with one swipe.

Timo Saloniemi

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
I'm also a cat person. I have 4 cats and one of them can open doors. Intelligent bastard. [Big Grin]

My dog can open doors. Even ones with round doorknobs. [Smile]
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sketchy image of Tom's dog.

I desperately want Peter Mansbridge as a pet, but the furry guy on the left is fine for the time being.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps