Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Why aren't we giving these guys the same treatment? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Why aren't we giving these guys the same treatment?
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops, double post... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Meh

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"They steal our jobs."

Fucking noodle niggers.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Wow, some people actually backed me up. I waited a while to post a response to see if anyone else interpreted Fo2's comment as I did."

I actually agree with Liam's analysis.

If negotiation is on the menu in this case, then we have a serious double standard here. It's obvious that Kim is resorting to blackmail and extortion to achieve his means. Which, to me, makes him worse than Saddam. And the bigger threat.

"North Korea is too risky, bomb Iraq."

BTW: I believe it was UM who implied that NK was not a threat.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was most certainly implying the opposite.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, the quoation marks....

NK has been rattling their saber since the end of the conflict, so it is kind of a known thing, SH rattled his saber and gassed his own people, the Iranians before hand, and invaded Kuwait, making him the bigger threat to the oil supplies.

A semi side thought, would the UN be able to react to an invasion of SK in a timely manner, or would the whole thing continue being a sham?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Gee whiz, I'm confused--is this the UN that authorized us to fight in Korea in 1950? or authorized Bush I to launch Gulf War I? Is this the UN that's peacekeepers have helped to keep warring countries at bay? Is this the same one who's organizations has helped bring relief to poorer countries? But when they fail to authorize an exteremely unpopular war, they are called a sham.
The UN is not a sham, and yes, it would condemn an invasion of SK as soon as it could.

--------------------
Meh

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A case for invasion for NK would probably hold up to less scrutiny than Iraq. The only obstacle would be China.

"making him the bigger threat to the oil supplies."

So is that what really counts here? No wonder why we aren't giving NK the same treatment.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In cases such as this I like heading off remarks before they occur is all.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
UN that authorized us to fight in Korea in 1950? or authorized Bush I to launch Gulf War I? Is this the UN that's peacekeepers have helped to keep warring countries at bay? Is this the same one who's organizations has helped bring relief to poorer countries?
This is also the UN that dragged out the war in Korea, that didn't authorise the removal of Hussein in 1991 but authorized 12 years of ultimately-pointless sanctions, whose 'peacekeepers' performed so wonderfully in Rwanda, (and Somalia, and Yugoslavia). And who don't pay their parking tickets.

The UN has it's good points and its bad points, but it is NOT the nigh-infallible, unbiased, democratic, Round Table of nations some make it out to be.

And sometimes, they do their OWN looting.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was the UN's fault that Hussein wasn't removed from power? Nothing to do with that Bush fellow, you know, not this Bush but that Bush, the one who being Republican could do no wrong?

Holy fucking myopia.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Bush I's fault in that he made the mistake of building a "Coalition" for Gulf War I.

The biggest price paid for the creation of that Coalition was a compromise which watered down the goals of the military action to "merely" doing that, rather that effecting immediate regime change within Iraq.

Holy fucking amnesia.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Veers
You first
Member # 661

All I am saying is...the UN is not an organization that should be disbanded or disregarded because it failed to authorize this war. It could have prevented the genocide in Rwanda in 1994 and could've stopped the Serbian ethnic cleansing, but who can say it should be disregarded now?

--------------------
Meh

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
"They steal our jobs."

Fucking noodle niggers.

I like that. Might have to borrow that quote. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is like I've been stabbed in the eye with an irony shiv.
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can feel my brain's being sucked out of my head, reading a lot of the responses to this thread. Some of ya'll don't seem to do more than catch the talking heads on FOX "News". "Fair and balanced" my sphincter....
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps