Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Damn Vancouver. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Damn Vancouver.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toronto's a nice city, I enjoyed my stay there for WYD 2002. And once again, I make the trek to Downsview Lands for the Rolling Stones concert. Hopefully it won't rain this time [Mad]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Olympics 2020: Moose Factory.

Also: Rolling Stones? Okay, there fifty-five year old.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G0 US! WE ARE TEH BEST EVAR!

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? Is there something wrong with being 18 and liking the Rolling Stones? And AC/DC? Better than the opener for the concert, Justin Timberlake. Pleh.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is there something wrong with being 18 and liking the Rolling Stones?
Aside from them being more out of date than the Julian calendar? It marks you as either an old person or an Orthodox priest.

Though, is this not the concert that also features the Flaming Lips? I cannot tell. It would be worth it to go for them.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tsssk, Simon. You of all people should recognize that good music is timeless, even if it clashes with the snobbish views on taste and quality that YOU hold. 8)
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simon's snobbery? Hootie and the Blowfish.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...good music is timeless..."

Perhaps. But they weren't exactly Mick Amadeus Jagger and Keithwig van Richtoven.

Member # 239

AS OLD
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so the Rolling Stones were not the Mozarts of modern music. Neither were the Beatles, Queen, Abba, Led Zeppelin, Guns 'n Roses, Metallica, The Doors, the Sex Pistols, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, the Supremes, Genesis, The Police, The Eagles, Simon 'n Garfunkel, Aerosmith, or AC/DC. And by the same token Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Elvis Presley, John Miles, Billy Joel, and Michael Jackson weren't incarnations of Beethoven either. But the point is: do people define art or does art define people? If enough people like shit, does that raise its intrinsic worth? Because no form of expression in and of itself has any.

I think I lost it somewhere.

[ July 05, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Cartmaniac ]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes jokes about old people revolve solely around the fact that they are old. I like many old things myself; for instance, oxygen.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartmaniac:
Abba

ABBA?! You put ABBA in that fine list? You're mad man, MAD! [Eek!]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Neither were the Beatles, Queen, Abba, Led Zeppelin, Guns 'n Roses, Metallica, The Doors, the Sex Pistols, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, the Supremes, Genesis, The Police, The Eagles, Simon 'n Garfunkel, Aerosmith, or AC/DC. And by the same token Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Elvis Presley, John Miles, Billy Joel, and Michael Jackson weren't incarnations of Beethoven either."

Often true, true, true, false, true, true, false, true, true, false, true, true, true, true, often false, true, and true. False, false, true, true, I don't know, true, and true.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I'll bet Tim would get along well with a friend of mine who is convinced that The Wall is the greatest film of the 20th century. I smile and nod. Because, prog rock? Whatever you say, buddy. Let us enjoy a blunt and listen to King Missile while looking at a tie dye poster.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

If you'd said "album", I'd say he wasn't far off. But there are better films.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps