Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Uday and Qusay Hussein... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Uday and Qusay Hussein...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes they were. More, they were a threat to non-troops, ours and others'.

Because Iraq supported several terrorist organizations, including some international groups. Because they trained terrorists at Salman Pak. Because they could easily have equipped said terrorists with any chemical weapons in their possession, or that they would develop, with a minimal chance of detection (and, given the number of people who want to believe that Iraq was disarmed, some good chance of deniability). The US was not prepared to permit that potentiality, when it could be prevented.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ultra-right wing conservative fat-head Pat Buchanan even stated on television that anti-Iraq war protestors should be charged with treason against the United States governmnet because they gave, as he put it, "aid and comfort to the enemy."

You have got to be joking on this.

I guess there is no distinction between this kind of ultra-right conservative fat-head and the others currently serving office.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I recall, Ann Coulter said something like that. I was going to find if for you but the thought of going through her writing made me ill.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Clarification: I thought we were talking about Pat Robertson, the Christian lunatic. Guess I got the names mixed up.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like they finally got thiers.

It is a shame that they could not have been captured alive. oh well.

One of the bodygaurds, for Uday I believe, told CNN that the decapitation strike earlier in the year missed horribly. And that Uday and Qusay appeared in public even after the US troops rolled into Baghdad, and were moving to a different house every few days.

How big is Baghdad anyways?

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.cockeyed.com/citysize/baghdad_la.html

http://www.cockeyed.com/citysize/baghdad_ny.html

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what they are saying is that people who live in Los Angeles are terrorists? [Wink]

And for reference, that first map is a pretty small section of Los Angeles.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx guy!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's actually happening to the ones they've captured, and would the same fate await Saddam's sons (if they'd been taken alive) or Saddam himself (eventually, likewise if taken alive)? Will they all vanish into Guantanamo and never be heard of again? Tried in Iraq? Taken to the Hague for trial?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd imagine it would be most useful, from a purely pragmatic point of view, to give Hussein a showy trial, be it in Iraq or elsewhere. But probably in Iraq, with a U.S. judge(s) and a very carefully selected batch of Iraqi jurors. I doubt he'd see the inside of the Hague, for obvious political reasons. And, really, his value as an intelligence source is probably not worth disappearing him.

But I think it's far more likely that if Hussein is ever found, he'll be killed like his sons. One, U.S. troops are under constant attack there and are not likely to show much restraint should they come under fire. And two, everybody knows he's guilty, right? So why bother with a trial, which would just give him a chance to rally the Iraqi people and maybe even transmit secret coded messages to Al Qaeda. Better a mute martyr than one with a message. Goes the thinking, anyway.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"transmit secret coded messages to Al Qaeda."

Robert Ludlum: The Return.

Via blinking, surely.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps