Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Oh My (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Oh My
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And next time, ladies, try to think up better insults to cover the fact that you have nothing to say and no counterexamples to argue.
And again with the "it's my ball, I'm going home" response. Anytime he can't win, he just ignores it. Anyone seen our favourite Librarian show much of a presence in that thread where he mentioned the Roland missiles? Nope. Why? Because his absurd little bit of France-bashing got laughed off the Forums for the faithful Bushite propaganda it is.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee, what's your take on this?
We already know you and your lIbrarian freind dont agree on anything....so, do YOU think this us really a wise decision?
I dont, but I'll be intrested to hear a compelling argument in it's favor.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, I'm not your favorite librarian? Okay, so I'm not a "real" librarian, but still... Now I'm depressed.
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What?! I have to have opinions now?!

OK, simply put: if you want to save animal populations from dropping to such levels they become endangered, or even extinct, then. . . Stop fucking killing them!

Unfortunately I know it's not that simple. But I don't - I'd never - presume to have all the answers. One example. . . India is the second most populous country on Earth, and it's also home to the tiger. Something's got to give in that equation, and it isn't going be a billion Indians. But the x factor isn't letting some oilman who donated a lot to the GOP shoot tigers and then hope maybe that'll make everyone feel sorry for tigers and learn to live in peace with them.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now you've gone and irked Lee....

We are a little late on killing things off to the point of extinction, or near enough to it, and then felling sorry for that species....

What happens when some ass can brag, "Well, the limit was only one of these rare creatures, but with a little extra to the GOP I was able to get a waiver and killed both of these, which happened to be the last breeding females of their kind...."

The government is for the (rich) people, by the (rich) people....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The solution is simple: Make better animals.
What the fuck is science for if we cant bring back the megafauna of the ice age to kill some hunters and keep our own population in check?
I'd go so far as to improve the animals themselves.
I want 40 foot tall grizzlies roaming logging country.
I want twelve foot tall bulletproof Tasmanian Tigers with a craving for humans....
Lets give the hunters a reason to hunt!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, you act like taking trophies isn't important....

Remeber hearing about the days when hunting was done to feed people????

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I remeber them days!
Back wen spellin' came second to killin! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do like Jason's suggestion about making better animals, but I still prefer my option of restricting hunters to the use of a sharpish-seeming rock and leaving the forty-foot grizzlies out of it. Just even up the odds. You know? Make it more exciting.

I mean think of it. You sneak up on a pheasant with that four-inch long hunk of rock and cut the poor thing's throat? Presto, just like that you're a cold-blooded killer. You have a marketable skill now. You weren't some pussy with a shotgun 50 yards away. You sneaked up on a wild bird and stabbed it to death with a rock. That's not an easy thing to do (I don't think). Or maybe you bury yourself in leaves near the stream and then pop up and kill a deer in single combat with your chunk of rock? There's no telescopic sites, no hollowpoints. There's just you with your collapsed lung now drenched in deer blood. Congratulations, you have earned your venison, you fucking barbarian. In fact, you kill a polar bear (or a rhinoceros or a tiger) with that same hunk of rock and no one could ever deny ever that you are one fucking tough son-of-a-bitch and you have every right to stuff that thing and prop it up in your livingroom, you sick, sick fucking cold-blooded killing bastard. Think of that. Think of how the numbers of avid hunters would change if you actually made hunting difficult or dangerous. Deaths by animal mutilation. Not so much of that these days. What more fitting way to cull the human herd? How many instances of "I didn't think it was loaded" would come up? It's not like pulling a trigger at all. You've got to really want to kill something to kill it with a sharp rock. It'd be great. Hunting could become a respectable past-time again. I mean hunting stories might actually be impressive at that point. "It was him or me" -- you could actually fucking mean that.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Go BX go man....

A little too much fucking for my taste, but it works well...

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

I'm irked?

--------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're always irked.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

For lack of a better word, I suppose, it beat saying he got a reaction out of you....

Jay, no, no, he always irks, but is seldom irked....

--------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Jay, no, no, he always irks, but is seldom irked....
Too true, too true.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Lee
Member # 393

Hey! Stop talking about me as if I'm not here!

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps