Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Iraqui Mass Graves (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Iraqui Mass Graves
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was posted over at SSM today and I thought you guys should read it:

Pretty big news story, surprised no one brought it up.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/HAM841581.htm

300,000 dead in mass graves in Iraq. Women, children, men. Bullet holes right in the head.

In case anyone was wondering, 300,000 dead equals:
100 9/11's
250,000 more than Korea
220,000 more than Vietnam
298,000 more than Pearl Harbor
60,000 more than the bombing of Hiroshima
5000 more than the entire United States death toll in WWII

All of them slaughtered.

Just a little food for thought.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why am I not hungry????

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because you're not a maggott.

Despite what people say.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Iraqi and U.S. rights investigators said on Saturday they suspected Iraq had up to 260 mass graves containing the bodies of at least 300,000 people murdered by the former regime of Saddam Hussein."
[emphasis added]

Of the 260 "suspected" mass graves, they've "confirmed approximately 40". For the mathematically challenged, that's just over 15%, which means something over 46 000 bodies. Which is not good, of course, but it isn't 300 000. Let's wait for those little nuisances called "facts" before speaking in such absolutes.

Aya
Member # 1148

- posted      Profile for Aya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still, one mass grave is one too many.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pity only those in Iraq seem to count.
Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you know what really pisses me off? That they didn't count in the mid-eighties WHEN THE SLAUGHTER WAS AT ITS FUCKING PEAK.

Any revisionist who comes in and dares to use this as rationale for the invasion has all the moral fibre of Jack the Ripper. It was never about mass graves. NEVER.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And anyone who thinks it was about ANY one thing has all the knowledge of humanity of... er... someone who doesn't know much about how people make decisions. When was the last time YOU did something for exactly one reason with no others having any impact on your thought process at all?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's fun to watch silly people say silly things.

[ November 16, 2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time I set out to annoy you. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, that I am not hungry....

I have the flu, so I just haven't been for a week now...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

no one said it was the reason for invading Iraq: but Aya and cartman are right: one is too many and it DOES seem that currently only ones in Iraq "count".
If we're really going to be the world's policemen in the name of human rights and "preemtive defense" we have to stop this before it ever gets to "suspected thousands dead".

It's no like we didint have the informationuntill recently....and we actually had operatives observing and reporting on the Serbians killing thousands for more than a year before we (or the UN) did anything aout it.
It was'nt popular enough to make the news when we had 24/7 O.J. trial coverage...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
Member # 256

Which is why this after-the-fact "oh yes, we also went in to liberate the Iraqi people from their evil oppressor" alibi is a load of crap.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Bush invaded because Bush wanted to.
He appearently lied about why and was hoping that enough stuff would be found to justify this.

He will now be replaced by a different person from a different party, unless they screw up royal, or the holes aren't punched right....

Ends and means....

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidentally, I notice that Bush is now bowing to the might of Red Ken and will be paying the congestion charges during his ritual humiliation, sorry, state visit, to the UK. And the Queen has basically told him to stop asking silly requests (like structural changes to the Palace). And the protesters will be allowed to march. And Bush's armed guards will be subject to criminal liability if they shoot anyone. Not a good week for the pres.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps