Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » A Vote Against Mr. Bush Is A Vote For... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A Vote Against Mr. Bush Is A Vote For...
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait for it...

Wait for it...

quote:
Republican Congressman Tom Cole claims a vote against the re-election of President Bush is like supporting Adolph Hitler during World War Two. It's what he said recently before a meeting of Canadian County Republicans.
That's right, a vote for anyone else is like voting for Adolph Hitler!

The PermaWar rolls on!

quote:
U-S Representative Tom Cole might have stirred up Democrats by saying a vote against the re-election of President Bush is like supporting Adolph Hitler during World War Two. Or supporting Osama bin Laden now. "If George Bush loses the election, Osama bin Laden wins the election," Cole is quoted in this week's edition of the Yukon Review which covered the recent meeting of the Canadinan County Republicans where Cole was a speaker. The newspaper says Cole claims if Bush loses his re-election bid, the enemies of the U-S will interpret it as a victory for bin Laden. No comment so far from Oklahoma Democratic party leaders to see if they think Cole is comparing John Kerry to Adolph Hitler or Osama bin Laden. In the Yukon Review article, Cole is quoted as asking what Hitler might have thought had Franklin Roosevelt not been re-elected in 1944. (JB)

Link

I didn't even know Osama bin Laden was a canidate.

And here I thought that, as a democrat, I was going to have to go the "write-in" route to get my pro-terrorist/evil-doer vote recorded.

Seriously though, is this what our discourse has come to?

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck it: I'm voting for Chtulu.
Why vote for the lesser Evil?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"a vote against the re-election of President Bush is like supporting Adolph Hitler"

Funny, that's the kind of rhetoric that won Hitler the '33 elections.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...should we start the Flare Resistance now then?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just planning to do my traitorous duty and vote for someone other than Mr. Bush.

Although, seeing that the Culture Wars are warming up, Flare Resistance might not be such a bad idea.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least in the UK we only have to worry about self-centred, arrogant, patronising politicians ripping up and re-writing the constitution for their own benefit. Hang on...

21st Century chat up lines: "If you don't sleep with me, the terrorists will have won."

VIVE LA RESISTANCE!!!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you want Freedom Fries with that?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's...uh...very scary.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Well, if you thought that that last bit was just from some random Republa-Nut, you'll be happy to read this.

quote:
JOHN KERRY: INTERNATIONAL
MAN OF MYSTERY III
Communist North Korea Is Only Government On Record Supporting John Kerry

PERHAPS HE WAS SPEAKING TO KIM JONG-IL?

North Koreans Warm To Kerry Rhetoric. "In the past few weeks, speeches by the Massachusetts senator have been broadcast on Radio Pyongyang and reported in glowing terms by the Korea Central News Agency (KCNA), the official mouthpiece of Mr. Kim's communist regime. � 'Senator Kerry, who is seeking the presidential candidacy of the Democratic Party, sharply criticized President Bush, saying it was an ill-considered act to deny direct dialogue with North Korea,' said the news agency. � Pyongyang's friendly attitude towards Mr. Kerry contrasts with its strong anti-Bush rhetoric." (James Harding and Andrew Ward, "North Korea Warms To Senator's US Presidency Bid," Financial Times, 3/5/04)

So, John Kerry, in critizing Mr. Bush, has become a communist dupe! A vote for John Kerry is a vote for Kim Jong Il.

And...GASP!

John Kerry is a French-like person...

With a...GASP!

FRENCH COUISN!!

quote:
OR TO HIS FRENCH COUSIN?

Former French Environment Minister Is Kerry�s First Cousin. "'My cousin�s a nice guy, I'd like him to win,' [Brice] Lalonde told AFP. 'We saw each other six months ago and even then I was hoping he would be in the running and take the top job.'" ("Former French Minister Backs Cousin Kerry For US President," Agence France Presse, 1/28/04)

But where, you might ask did this come from? Some congressman from the middle of nowhere?

No. It comes from the Republican National Commitee.

Could we call him a Freedom Cousin?

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The comparison is completely wrong.

Adolf Hitler started a war to obtain valuable land assets for his regime, like Holland.

George W. Bush started a war to obtain valuable land assets for his regime, like Oil.

Adolf Hitler went on a murderous campaign against those not like his ideal, including Jewish minorities and homosexuals.

George W. Bush is simply on a campaign to deny rights of Muslim minorities and homosexuals.

Thank you.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holland is a valuable land asset? Half of their land is one bad leak away from being ocean.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:

George W. Bush is simply on a campaign to deny rights of Muslim minorities and homosexuals.
[/QB]

Actually, the Muslims have been denying those rights to their own minorities for centuries....and I wont even get into India's caste system...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That seems very irrelevant.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant Poland.

But I digress. Yeah, it is a bad comparison, but better than the GOP's comparison of Kerry to Hitler. That does not even fit at all.

Either that or I have just been drafted into the Canadian Nazi League. And I am Chinese.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canada uber alles?! [Razz]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps