Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Names that weren't read on "Nightline" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Names that weren't read on "Nightline"
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That we know of, anyway.

Where in fuck's name did he get all the cyanide?!?

I cant get more than a beaker witho...er...
mabye I've said too much already. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ahem*

YOU KNOW JOHN KERRY HAD TO BE IN FREKIN' VIETNAM TO GET ANY SORT OF COMMENDATION LIKE THE PURPLE HEART...

JOHN KERRY VOLUNTEERED IN FACT!!!! HE WAS IN COMBAT!

HE WAS FREAKIN' SHOT AT!

Can you make the claim the same for Mr. Bush?

NO!!

Because Mr. Bush, RATHER THAN VOLUNTEER TO GOT TO VIETNAM, WHICH HE COULD HAVE, was busy cracking brewskies in Texas and not showing up for duty in Alabama, or he was there, to get his teeth examined.

Did Mr. Bush VOLUNTEER to take the skills he learned in the National Guard, skills that cost the American Taxpayer a lot of money to teach him, to the place the Army needed them?

NO!!

He decided he needed to get out of the freakin' Guard EARLY so he could go to business school!

Talk about devotion to duty.

But I supposed those non-partisan "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" now think that these are GREAT qualifications for making someone commander-in-chief.

The FREAKIN' GALL of the Pro-Bush crowd never ceases to amaze me.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, John Kerry made a short-lived attempt to put off going to war for a year by continuing to educate himself. When they told him, no, he then explicitly volunteered to be shipped to Vietnam, where his service garnered almost nothing but praise from his commanders and peers. And now that people are questioning him, he released all of his records so that everything is in the open.

On the other hand, George Bush explicitly did not volunteer to go overseas. He used his family's money and position to get a cushy National Guard spot where he barely even showed up for duty. Then he got out of duty early, ostensibly for education, but really he just goofed off while at school.

Regarding the Purple Heart thing... The government awarded it to him. If he didn't deserve it, what are you suggesting their reason was for giving it to him? Has this all been some 30-odd-year-long conspiracy to get Kerry elected president? And even if his first wound was minor, what about the other two PHs he got? Bush has zero. Some "war president", considering he's never been anywhere near a war in his life.

Oh, and as far as "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" are concerned, I have little doubt that they're anything but a huge fraud. If they supposedly have this damning letter signed by every one of Kerry's commanders, why isn't it prominently displayed on their Web site? Why isn't it on their Web site at all? Considering the kind of things Kerry's superiors wrote about him during the war, I find it hard to believe that they've all suddenly gone from "he's so awesome" to "he's the worst person in the world". That, and John O'Neill is a lying Republican shill.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the other matter, about the Texas terrorists... I remember hearing about that story back when it broke. Although, I'm pretty sure mainstream media coverage was extremely slim. However, I'm not so surprised that the current developments are being largely ignored. I mean, all it is is the conviction and sentencing. It was a much bigger story (or should have been) back when they first found this stuff.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it would've been the biggest story of the year....

If he was an Arab-American.

Then he'd be in some hole with no trial, no lawyer and no visitors- forever.

This fuck-o only got 11 years.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the guy is 62, so it's not nothing.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It's not consecutive life-sentences to make an example of him either:
after all, if they found one nut with a cache of weapons, there's a dozen more out there.

They need (the FBI)to dig into his financial records to see both where he got the money for this arsenal and if he sold any of it for cash.

Nobody stockpiles pipe bombs for home defense. [Eek!]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Nobody stockpiles pipe bombs for home defense. [Eek!]

What, are you anti-Second Amendment or something? [Wink]

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Nobody stockpiles pipe bombs for home defense."

You haven't seen my house. B)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

How 'bout we leave it at "Nobody sane stockpiles pipe bombs for home defense." [Wink]

'cause, that's what swords are for.
Duh.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The voices in my head tell me that I'm totally sane.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go plant some laser trip mines.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps