Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Al Gore has his say (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Al Gore has his say
Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Al Gore spoke today at New York University.

Here's a transcript of what he planned to say:
http://www.moveonpac.org/goreremarks052604.html/

Here's a CNN story about it.

And finally, if it's up and running again, you can watch it for yourself on C-SPAN's website.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where was this guy four years ago?
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a great question.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, y'know, tallying his votes, conceding his defeat even though it was actually a victory, growing a beard, things like that.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Giving up in other words.

Really, who is this guy -at this point- to say anything to anyone.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, he gave up alright. He went to the Florida Supreme Court, got his recount wish granted, and then the US SC shut him down. What more would you have had the man do, hmm?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, naturally when you lose an election everything you say for the rest of eternity is without merit. Every word. Duh.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't I tell you he'd changed? It's freaky.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I'm scared.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
Oh yeah, he gave up alright. He went to the Florida Supreme Court, got his recount wish granted, and then the US SC shut him down. What more would you have had the man do, hmm?

How about actually take a hand in his party's politics and run for president instead of allowing Kerry founder on ahead and possibly lose to Bush, dooming us to another four years of nonsense?
Really, Gore has some real ideas and it sure would've been nice if he'd done something with them instead of waiting this long and lashing out now.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
How about actually take a hand in his party's politics and run for president instead of allowing Kerry founder on ahead and possibly lose to Bush, dooming us to another four years of nonsense?

I really don't see much relevance in that statement.

1. Clearly the Democratic Party didn't want Gore to run again.
  2. I think it's silly to describe the Kerry campaign as foundering in May...these many months before the campaign season begins in earnest.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Mabye "foundering" is a bit harsh, but he's got less than half the campaign money Bush does and if he buys more time (to accept additional campaign contributions) by not accepting the nomination at the Democratic Convention, it'll hurt his campaign because the networks wont give the convention as much (if any) coverage.

Just the other night I saw Tom Brokow mention that it would'nt be worthwhile for any network to cover the convention of Kerry doesnt accept the nomination because it would just be a big pep rally.

So mabye "foundering" is not too far off after all.

What makes you think the Democratic Party did not want Gore to run again?
It looked to me like losing was painful to him and he kinda bowed out of the spotlight to recover.

Even if he decided (or the paty decided) not to run again, it's pretty late to be voacl about what he thinks is wrong in the Bush Administration: his fellow Democrats have not been shy about their views, after all.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...he's got less than half the campaign money Bush does..."

That was always going to be the case. Bush is an incumbent president with no legitimate competition within his party. There's no way Kerry could have gathered more money. Are you saying he should have quit before he started?

Not to mention that Bush is unscrupulous, amoral, idiotic, responsible for ruining this country and others, and just an all-around shitstain. So, Kerry's already winning on that account.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

No...Kerry's not winning anything as long as Bush can continue to drown out issues with his commercials.

Speaking of wich, I have not seen any Kerry commercials in a while (though I admit to not watching the major networks at all- CNN not included).

I think if he decides not to accept the nomination at the convention, his campaign will wane.

And that would be a bad thing for everyone.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This would be a great time for a big white spaceship to come crashing down on a japanese island. Or a smaller, red candlewax-ship could land and drop off some pointyears in rural Montana. Either is fine.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps