Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Something To Watch...Mr. Bush In An Irish T.V. Interview (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Something To Watch...Mr. Bush In An Irish T.V. Interview
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if a reporter asks you "Do you still beat your wife?" that's ok? It's amazing to me that those who so viciously attack prepared statements tend to be the ones first in line to defend the statement "It all depends on the definition of IS"

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist:
So if a reporter asks you "Do you still beat your wife?" that's ok? It's amazing to me that those who so viciously attack prepared statements tend to be the ones first in line to defend the statement "It all depends on the definition of IS"

Um, what?

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just checked the Irish interview with Mr. Bush, the last segment (10:40 ->) is the best.

quote:

Bush: - Like Iraq, the palestinian and the Israeli issue is going to require...good security measures-
Carol Coleman: - And a bit more evenhandedness from America??
- Ab...meh...*noticeable grunt*...we're working on security measures, and America -I'm the first president to ever have called for a palestinian state *preen*, that's, to me, sounds like a reasonably balanced approach.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the transcript of interview.

His arguments are just so pathetic.

----

Interviewer - Mr. President, the Irish people are upset about the death toll in Iraq.

Answer - Americans are a compassionate people.

----

Interviewer - Mr. President, you didn't find any WMD?

Answer - We found that Saddam Hussein had a capacity for him to make a weapon. Did I mention Saddam was a bad man?

----

Interviewer - Mr. President, the world is more dangerous today post-Iraq invasion tan before.

Answer - Don't you remember September 11, 2001? I needed to work that in there somewhere. And other post Iraq invasion bombings around the world have nothing to do with what I did in Iraq. Nothing at all.

----

Interviewer - Mr. President, are you satisfied with the level of support you're getting from Europe? We both know no one other than Tony Blair supported you.

Totally Delusional Answer - Most of Europe supported the decision to invade Iraq. Except the French. You�re talking about the French aren�t you?

----

Interviewer - Mr. President, doesn't a solution to the to the Middle East mean doing something to solve the Israeli-Palestinian crisis and shouldn't you be doing something about it?

Totally Delusional Answer - There's a democracy in Turkey. And an emerging in Afghanistan. And a democracy in Pakistan. Democracy can emerge in the Palestinian state.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should put that as his term motto; "Let me finish!"
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Interviewer - Mr. President, the world is more dangerous today post-Iraq invasion tan before.

Answer - Don't you remember September 11, 2001? I needed to work that in there somewhere. And other post Iraq invasion bombings around the world have nothing to do with what I did in Iraq. Nothing at all.

The train bombings in Madrid had nothing to do with invasion of Iraq?!! Is he serious?!!

quote:
Interviewer - Mr. President, doesn't a solution to the to the Middle East mean doing something to solve the Israeli-Palestinian crisis and shouldn't you be doing something about it?

Totally Delusional Answer - There's a democracy in Turkey. And an emerging in Afghanistan. And a democracy in Pakistan. Democracy can emerge in the Palestinian state.

She wasn't talking about democracy, specifically. Plus--Pakistan has a democracy? He should have said a semi-democracy, if he wanted to be truthful. But we can't insult our allies, now can we?

--------------------
Meh

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That interview was hilarious.

I wonder how many times he rehearsed the answers? I think that is what was irritating him so much....a question during speech could have made him look even sillier.

Nim
Member # 205

The best is when she says "more evenhandedness" in midsentence and he is noticeably irritated but can't stop the sentence he's already started.
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the problem was he didn't know which hand he should be using [Smile]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps