Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Have you seen this man...? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Have you seen this man...?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This fine, upstanding young Republican was filmed at the convention, kicking a woman who was being held down by authroities.

The original video (on the New York ABC affiliate's site) doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's just me, or maybe they got too much traffic. But this page has a truncated Quicktime version of the film.

Basically, the woman was one of the protestors who managed to get inside the RNC. This character snatched her sign away, then shoved her. Once the men in suits (reportedly Secret Service) had pulled her to the ground, this guy started kicking her until one of the suits pushed him aside.

It's not in the Quicktime version, but apparently the news people interviewed him, and, when they asked him if he'd kicked a protestor, he said he didn't know.

The future, ladies and gentlemen.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say we live in partisan times.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted about him on my blog, so that if people actually read it, maybe it would spread the word. Is this gratutious self-promotion getting on anyone's nerve yet?

This guy's a jackass.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, do you have a blog?

I'd never have known.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to this, a possible identification has been made.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard he posts at trekbbs.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the woman wearing an Enterprise-shirt?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say we live in partisan times.

As opposed to all those other times.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh but that man needs to get an old-skool pummeling.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"As opposed to all those other times."

What, like, the far off, hard to recall winter of 2001?

I put forth the suggestion that few presidential elections in U.S. history have been this consistently venomous.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put forth the suggestion that few presidential candidates in U.S. history have been as consistently unscrupulous as our current incumbent.

Wait, was that too partisan? Sorry.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh but that man needs to get an old-skool pummeling.
Ah yes, because doing the same thing he did will stop it from happening ever again.

--------------------
life creation in progress

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, the Republicans are big on Christianity. We could assume he was doing unto others as he would have them do unto him.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:

I put forth the suggestion that few presidential elections in U.S. history have been this consistently venomous.

I read something very similar the other day but applied to Blair. The piece was by William Deedes who's about 180 and, according to him, there's been a shift from anger towards those in public office that people disagree with to hatred of them. Apparently even Mosley wasn't hated as much as Our Dear Leader.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. I was under the impression that Guy Fawkes Night (Day?) was celebrated with a certain vigour by many during the Thatcher years.

(And while researching this post, I learned that the word guy, which is getting weirder and weirder the longer I look at it, comes from his name. Which is neat.)

Of course, contemplating my own post a bit more, I'm not sure the 2004 election really compares to, say, the 1860 election, which resulted in a President so hated that half the nation figured this would be a good time to start that Civil War they'd been thinking about, and who was later shot in the head. Mean campaign ads and even outright falsehoods lie some distance away on the continuum of political antagonism.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps