Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Have you seen this man...? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Have you seen this man...?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tora Ziyal:
quote:
Oh but that man needs to get an old-skool pummeling.
Ah yes, because doing the same thing he did will stop it from happening ever again.
Well, if done properly, it would stop him from ever doing it again....violence might not solve much, but it's all some people understand.

Ideally, he should be brought to a VERY public trial and shown to everyone as the cowardly bastard he is for kicking a fallen woman.

Then he would have to live with the shame of everyone knowing what kind of scumbag he is.

I dont see that happening though: New York's a biiig place and there are far worse crimes to be solved.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, if done properly, it would stop him from ever doing it again....violence might not solve much, but it's all some people understand.
Or, it would simply confirm to him that Democrats are jerks and deserve punishment, if not from him. You could press someone down with force for a while, but if their belief around the action hasn't changed, they'll go right back to doing it again. If not them, then somebody else who believes the same. If a bully beats you down, do you stop hating the bully? Or do you intend to someday get back at them?

Violence is all some people understand, but if we don't have the courage to show them something else, violence is all we'll ever have.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you dont stand up to a bully (usually with a show of force) they'll just go on with the same behavior regardless of any legal ramifications.
After all: the point should be that some will resist force with force and cause them to think twice rather than to consider the extremely slim chance they'll be arrested and serve any meaningful sentence for their behavior.

Think of bullys in school: going to authorities never makes them adjust their behavior and they'll be more likely to do it again after the punishment is light.

This guy (if caught) would likely not serve any jailtime and recieve a fine/possible civil suit.
If he'd lost a few teeth, he'd think twice about attacking a woman (or anyone he thought ws helpless) in the future.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This guy (if caught) would likely not serve any jailtime and recieve a fine/possible civil suit."

My lawyering skills are a little bit nonexistent, but, as far as I can tell, what this guy did would probably be considered third degree assault in New York. It carries a jail term of no more than a year or a fine of no more than $1000.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I've seen (in Florida) fights that resulted in broken noses/jaws end in time served and a year's probation (for first offense) so I doubt any real jailtime would be applied.
The pushed woman was not hospitalized from what I've heard so, aside from the outragous nature of the attack, I dout he'd get more than (additional) bad press.

Of couse, some judge could go mugging for the press and hand down something severe (assuming he's up for re-election). [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They may have found the guy.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Nice: would the DA even prosecute this prick?
Has the woman he kicked pressed charges?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, he looked so happy on that picture, frolicking with his fellow republicans, no agitators or dissidents in sight... *dreamy sigh*

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

That was taken moments before the gue guys pushed that woman down and started kicking her....

Really, what posseses some people?
Small dick?
Major issues of agression toward women, to be certain.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
High testosterone levels, I'd say. Or simply being stupid dumbshits.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Major issues of agression toward women, to be certain."

Well, liberals. I mean, you don't know he wouldn't have done the same thing if the nearest protestor was a guy.

One smaller than he is, anyway, I'm sure.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

He would have if the guy was both samller...and gay.
There'd be some stompin' then for shore!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because damn if his granpappy didn't die on Iwo Jima so these protesters can have this right to free speech they shouldn't be exercisin'!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps