Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Last presidential debate (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Last presidential debate
David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all know the drill...

Reactions, everyone?

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Republicans: Bush won!

Democrats and everyone else: Kerry won!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's still on but Kerry doing well!
Must be his "lucky tie".

Good questions so far! Abortion! Gay Mariage!
Healthcare!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kerry's sounding weaker to me this time, but Bush isn't doing much better.

Bush does sound less angry this time...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what's with the spittle on Bush's lip? Is he medicated?

Hey, George: "Pay and Spend" means you raise the money that you're going to spend, unlike what YOU'RE doing, which is to spend money that you don't have. BTW - what you're doing is what I did, which resulted in my $15,000 credit card debt. The difference is, I didn't wait until I was President of the United States to have my harsh "wake up" call in the field of managing money.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't it be funny if the country's debt got so bad, they had to repossess Air Force One and foreclose on the White House?

And Kerry and Bush must have been so embarrassed when they walked out on stage and discovered they'd both worn the same tie.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like how the wives wore the same things last time!?! [Big Grin]

Spittle - maybe it's rabies!?!

The fact that they are wearing the same thing - seem to be similar and are even polling similar - reminds me of the Futurama election episode with 'Earth candidates' John Jackson and Jack Johnson. Nixon's head eventually won. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't just the tie, they were dressed exactly the same. White shirt, red tie with sparkles, grey suit, American flag pin. I thought for sure they did it on purpose as one of the rules of the debate or something, but the fact that you all are surprised by it too makes me think maybe not.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I thought it was pointless to talk about, there was a report on how Kerry has worn his "lucky tie" to all three debates.
Mabye George wanted a little luck this time...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe George was making fun of him...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It wasn't just the tie, they were dressed exactly the same. White shirt, red tie with sparkles, grey suit, American flag pin."

Well, the shirt, suit, and (for US politicians the past few years) flag pin are pretty much standard. The tie is about the only variable they get.

David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless you're Donald Rumsfeld. I've never seen a guy that high up in Washington wear gray suits as often as he does.

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...does Kerry LOVE his wife? or just her money. Didn't pick up on much sentiment in his "thank you's" to his family.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well...he sure seems to love her: as much as any politician seems to love anything....

Bush's wife is waaaay better looking though.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there anymore evidence of Bush being 'wired'?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps