Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » FOX News Still Hates Canada, Apparently.. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: FOX News Still Hates Canada, Apparently..
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes.php?box_id=51208&f_id=1211

In Canada, we'd consider this light comedy. We're laughing at the panelists, of course.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky to be allowed to exist on the same continent?

Dog Sledding?

My opinion of Americans have hit an all time low.
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Urrrr, why do people still watch that channel, let alone find themselves on it!?!

Who are these people? Who the hell is that bimbo in the first part? And the 'dog-sledding' bow-tie-wearing guy was totally burnt by that woman.

I skip that channel - for many years now.

ACTUALLY, If anyone had payed close attention to FoxNews, CNN and BBC World after Sep11 and then Afghanistan, when things had sort of 'quietened down' - they went "ok what now" and all of a sudden there was talk of Iraq. I feel, that the News Channels have a LOT to answer for. I mean for all we know Bush and Co. were watching CNN or Fox News and saw the little 'subject' of the minute at the bottom of the page that said: "Iraq Next?".

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That bimbo would be Ann Coulter. Her claim to fame is spouting outrageous right-wing stuff like that. Consider her the anti-Michael Moore, I suppose.

Do a search, and you'll be able to find some excerpts of her works (works including the anti-liberal works Slander: Liberal Lies about the American Right, Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terror, and How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must) and her numerous newspaper columns). She's also a frequent guest and popular conservative commentator on the cable news channels.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann Coulter says dumb things in front of a camera. Wow, what a scoop!

I dunno, call me back when somebody attacks an effigy of Martin on the Senate floor or something.

[Snark decoder: I love Canada. Ann Coulter's veins pump liquified mustard gas, like those aliens from The X-Files.]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*snigger*

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, the British fled to a British colony rather then be persicuted?! Those bastards!

I wonder what people do when they find out that Canada is led by the Liberal party [Big Grin]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't pretend to understand the Canadian system of government, but... the prime minister can just up and fire legislators if he feels like it? Or am I misunderstanding?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canada is an evil dictatorship and should possibly be invaded to...er...make the world safe for democracy.

Plus, they have oil.....rich black gold....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't make me turn of California's electricity [Razz]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You write like Schwartzeneger speaks.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm I am not getting any sound??
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe what actually happened was some sort of complicated political party bylaw thing.

However, details aside, it seems to me that many if not most parliaments, congresses and the like retain the right to dismiss members, and their leaders would thus be capable of getting rid of anyone they wish, presuming that various regulations allow it and they have the votes.

For instance, in the U.S.:
quote:
Constitution, Article 1, Section 5, Clause 2: Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.
Looking up the relevant passage among diverse Canadian Constitutional Acts is, it appears, beyond my humble skills, but perhaps others might have more luck at la toile de l'araign�e des donn�es du Parlement du Canada.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I don't pretend to understand the Canadian system of government, but... the prime minister can just up and fire legislators if he feels like it? Or am I misunderstanding?

You're misunderstanding. She was expelled from the Liberal Party (of which Martin is the leader), not from Parliament. It's a fairly standard punishment in Parliamentary systems of government, if the expressed opinions of an MP or peer deviate too far from the party line. It's always possible to apologise and regain the whip, of course: look at Ken Livingstone. Of course, if you've done something minor, like father two children by your mistress, give her free first class rail tickets and speed up her nanny's visa application, while all the while extolling the virtues of a healthy, stable family life, then it's perfectly OK to remain Home Secretary.
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now with sound [Smile]

These guys are total retards. They're smarter than Bush and at the same time, so much dumber. What a paradox.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps