Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » UFO's: Seeing is Believing (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: UFO's: Seeing is Believing
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I assumed it was the same language quirk that causes some Americans to say "Nucular".

Or a Limey to go to "Shool"
Or keep a "Shed-ule"
or drink soda from an "al-oom-e-num" can

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, no. Americans say "aluminum" with four syllables. The English say "aluminium" with five.

And I don't think I've ever heard anyone pronounce "school" without a 'k' sound in it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spaeking of speaking strangely, anyone heard Korn's new cover of Another Brick In The Wall Pt. II?

The singer's distorted voice sounds so much like a Dalek, I nearly ran off the expressway laughing.
The image of a Supreme Dalek singing "We dont need no education...' was too funny.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never heard anyone say "shool". Or "up yer shaft", for that matter. "stick it up your penis"? Strange.

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

There is that whole UFO incident at the joint US/British NATO base in the early 1980's that seems to have been taken seriously at the time...

Being 3 at the time, it obviously deeply affected me and helped create the Star Trek loving dude you see today.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant, is it still discussed (as our neverending "Roswell conspiracy" is.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

There is that whole UFO incident at the joint US/British NATO base in the early 1980's that seems to have been taken seriously at the time...

I've never heard of this. What supposedly happened?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Here is the incident I'm think ing of:
http://www.alien-ufos.com/incidentsrendlesham.shtml

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that's spectacular.

quote:
Halt: OK, we're looking at the thing, we're probably about 2 to 300 yards away, it looks like an eye winking at you. It's still moving from side to side, and when you put the star scope on it, it sort of has a hollow center, a dark center. It's, you know, like the pupil of an eye looking at you, winking. And the flash is so bright to the starscope that, it almost burns your eye.
Mecha-Sauron?

Sounds like it was taking scans, photos of the humans and the base. It was probably an UAV probe sent down from those 3 recon vessels in the sky, would be stupid otherwise to put your eggs in one basket.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what was the bit with the "woman screaming"? And if one of the two superpowers at the time took over a military base in another country, then - a scan of the place makes sense to see what is going on.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember watching something about that on the History Channel. The US soldiers they interviewed seemed damn serious about the whole thing.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

The thing is some of these people aren't out to try and make money of the thing so why would they risk their reputations etc. on lying about such things. I mean being in a doco on the History Channel or Discovery Channel isn't really trying to gain some sort of fame. They just go on to tell their story.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People WILL do anything to get on TV, any TV. 'Reality' Programming is a perfect demonstration of this fact.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I meant, is it still discussed (as our neverending "Roswell conspiracy" is.

Not by anyone I know. Possibly nerds, somewhere, but none of my mates (and before you point out that we are a bit young, all of them know about Roswell.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Actually, I was not going to point out your age: I was wondering if the mass media over there was dragging the story into the ground.

Aparantly not.

Of course, age has noting to do with it anyway: most "UFOlogists" were not even alive at the time of the Roswell incident.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If haven't seen any report on UFO sightings on the news or in a newspaper in years.
Perhaps the aliens have finally lost interest in our miserable little planet...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps