Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Sexual predators! Oh my! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sexual predators! Oh my!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does that mean you're afraid of fire...or girls? [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wiz: So you're saying that people should be prepared with condoms, birth control pills, and abortion clinics?

Ok then [Wink]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either that, or we should never drive a car ever again.

Or rather, we should NEVER drive a CAR ever AGAIN.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't have the freaking "Little Dutch Boy" school nurse I had my freshman and sophomore years.

Aww, no wonder little Wizzy is so screwed up... he's been kept under the thumbs of dominant women all his life. B)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shall call him Waylon.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is the concensus then that you should be able to do whatever you want with no regard for the consequences those actions bring upon yourself, your environment, and society?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the consequences to oneself that make the right to choose (or not) an abortion central.

It obviously affects socirty as well, but a free society can not choose to stimy a person's decision as to their physical condition.

To allow that is to open the floodgates for others to tell you (based on their religous/moral beliefs) what treatment you must undertake for illness as well (as no right-to-lifer would allow you to -for example- forego treatment of a critical condition).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. And a minor is not at a point to properly assess the ramifications of those decisions. It is the parent's responsibility to protect a minor from making self-destructive choices until they reach that point of competency, not an outsider.

And there is a point to a person's self-destructive behaviour where the state DOES step in and "Stimy" their decisions. It's Adult Protective Services, and if you go 5150 (suicidal behaviour) they will put you where you can NOT harm yourself.

And, really, the basis of Western Society was set forth in RELIGIOUS TENETS based on the Judeo-Christian model. But like most "religious" aspects, too often the letter of the law is perverted to fit the needs regardless of what the spirit of the law was there to protect.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So is the concensus then that you should be able to do whatever you want with no regard for the consequences those actions bring upon yourself, your environment, and society?"

Since we're playing at silly extremes... Yes. Yes, that's exactly the consensus.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Wiz, sex is not "self destructive behavior", no matter how traumatized yuo were by your school nurse.

Thus, the government should not restrict the choices that stem from sexual activity.

I agree that parents of minors should be involved in the decisions of their child, but the choice (minor or not) to have a child must ultimately rest with the wishes of the woman having it.

It's notable that rich white men are the ones that propose the most restrictive leglislation over a woman's right to choose.

As though it affects them directly somehow.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to be fair, it probably does affect them. Often enough, they're probably the fathers. But, then, you'd think they'd be happy for the "evidence" to go away.
WizArtist II
Member # 1425

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Wiz, sex is not "self destructive behavior", no matter how traumatized yuo were by your school nurse.

I never said it was, I'm referring to individuals that will do the horizontal lambada with anything that happens to still be breathing and then expect there to be no repercussions for their actions.

And to be truthful about Die Nurse, I gave her as much hell back as she gave me. I did the same to a History Professor in college who decreed that everything that ever happened, occured because of a woman. She thought I was a Male Chauvanist Pig, and I returned her compliment by calling her a Female Communist Sow. Ironicly, she was offended by my remarks, but hers were "OK".

Can't have it both ways.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"I never said it was, I'm referring to individuals that will do the horizontal lambada with anything that happens to still be breathing and then expect there to be no repercussions for their actions."

So, what about the people who have sex selectively, but still get pregnant?

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Wiz said, they have to be PREPARED with access to abortion clinics and money to pay for medical treatment. Keep up [Wink]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

But if the powers that be make it all but impossible for an abortion to be an option, then things go back to the pre Ro Vs. Wade america where abortion was a stigma and illegeal abortions (often dangerous) are the only solution for some women.

See my post on Florida's proposed (about to pass!) leglislation.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps