Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » London Underground explosion(s) (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: London Underground explosion(s)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And maybe "Boston," but I don't know.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly- imagine being a black kid in Boston and being required to learn all about the plight of the poor Irish before they came to this country as a requirement of graduation.
...and in addition to Irish History Month, of course. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Boston schools were full of teachers who look like Jeri Ryan and SO MUCH DRAMA.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmm...I thought Boston was the home of radical ideas on government and a home to liberal ideals-- like those beer-brewing founding- fathers were.

Plus, they pronounce "car" as "Kaaa".

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What makes it a 'k' instead of a 'c'?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I used to be roomates with a guy from "Baaston".
Trust me, it's "Kaaa". Sharp "K" sound. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
Well, the last time I used the word "Caucasian" I got bashed.

By who?

The biggest difference between our conservatives and American conservatives seems to be the religious angle. Blair is apparently a fairly upright Christian, but you never see him going on about God. It would just come across as a bit embarrassing. The "religious right" doesn't exist to anywhere near the same degree.

And to expand on what Simon is saying: I really don't get the "black people are allowed to be proud to be black, but we're not allowed to be proud to be white" stuff. Exactly what do you want to do? Drive Fords while listening to Rock music, before going home and watching the Discovery channel? Or are you just sick of watching TV programs where the lead is of a different ethnic background to yourself?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, I'm sick of "all black blocks" of programming (over here).
On networks like WB and UPN, they show four "urban" (read: all black) shows on a single night...it's strange.

TV is still very segregated- so much so that many shows go overboard to include one of every ethnic cast -or sterotype- in an attempt to break away.

The desire for equality is a biiig stretch from seperating everything into "black" this or that.
Imagine the outrage if someone started a multimillion dollar "all white" T.V. network and touted apparel "for whites, by whites" (as example).
They could call it W.E.T. (mabye have a wet T-Shirt clad spokeswoman waving a confederate flag or something)

It's a segregationists's dream and they willingly go along with it, 'cause hey, Pride, right?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

They could call it W.E.T. (mabye have a wet T-Shirt clad spokeswoman waving a confederate flag or something)

Isn't that the new Dukes of Hazard movie?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Probably.
Not that I'll be wasting two hours of my finite life watching it to find out.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"Well, the last time I used the word 'Caucasian' I got bashed."

"By who?"

"Whom". And I believe it was Simon who made a flippant comment about Azerbaijan, or something. Hardly a "bashing".

"Well, I'm sick of 'all black blocks' of programming (over here).
On networks like WB and UPN, they show four 'urban' (read: all black) shows on a single night...it's strange."

And what about the all-white blocks of programming that are... all the rest of the time.

"Imagine the outrage if someone started a multimillion dollar 'all white' T.V. network..."

I don't recall there being that much outrage about TNN...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

"The Nashville Network" is hardly excluding anyone though is it?
There's just not many black country singer is all.

As I said, TV is pretty segregated, but at least the networks put on a pretense of diversity.

Usually at a 5-1 ration of white to ethnic charcaters though....even in sci fi, there tend to be more aliens than black humans.
Just like Hollywood, in that respect.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

Usually at a 5-1 ration of white to ethnic charcaters though....even in sci fi, there tend to be more aliens than black humans.
Just like Hollywood, in that respect.

You forgot UPN's "Homeboys in Outer Space"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I tried to anyway...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps