Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Disconnected From Reality? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Disconnected From Reality?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tricky:
Plus it's wrong

WIN!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, er, something something Nazis something! The End.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, indeed. A stunning and indept analysis of the current geo-politik.

Hey, does George have to face any type of question time on a regular basis in your dysfunctional parlimentary system (tee-hee) or does someone else do all the talking for him?

I'd love to see him actually have to answer questions off the cuff.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're in luck.

Mr. Bush wield held a press conference on 4 October 2005.

You can watch here as Mr. Bush wields his mighty rhetorical power as our lapdog press nips at his heels.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now watch this drive!

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You can watch here as Mr. Bush wields his mighty rhetorical power as our lapdog press nips at his heels.
'nips, eh?

That was beautiful. From 132 battalions to 1 to 80. This guy should get his own sitcom.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, someone's gotta be laughing.

The grim reaper, probably.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see why. He's probably being forced to work much longer hours.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

Probably had to take on extra help. Or even outsource, awarding the contract to Halliburton, of course.

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No-bid, closed door contract with certain humanitarian restrictions waived for the sake of alacrity.
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I've watched the press conference. I am blown away. An intellect without peer. A man truly worthy of the title of Lord of the West. Ar Pharazon the Golden.
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a broadcast of Tony Blair speaking at a Labour Party thing last week. That was the first time I really heard him speak, and even though I didn't understand half the issues, I was like, man, can we have HIM for president instead?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...I think the approval rating of both leaders would improve if they just switched places.

Well, okay, the Brits are smarter than to agree to that trade.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
WASHINGTON - President Bush said Saturday he is encouraged by the increasing size and capability of the Iraqi security forces, touting progress on a key measure for when U.S. troops can come home.
quote:
The number of Iraqi army battalions that can fight insurgents without U.S. and coalition help has dropped from three to one, top U.S. generals told Congress yesterday, adding that the security situation in Iraq is too uncertain to predict large-scale American troop withdrawals anytime soon.

Apparently, the clarification is that while the overall quality of the Iraqi army is doubtful, there is a single battalion that can work without being under the American thumb.

What's more troubling is the fact that they're starting to make noises that Iran is the source of some terrorist support, with evidence. Second-hand evidence, but Bush didn't even need that to destabilize Iraq.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daryus:
quote:
A man truly worthy of the title of Lord of the West. Ar Pharazon the Golden.
Yes, Bush should have turned Saddam over to the Iraqis instead of shipping him straight into Washington to gloat over him and try and pick his brain. Bad news written all over it.

I hear the Al Qaida are multiplying in beastfashion again, in their caves. They have big, black saracens among them as well now. Swarthy and terrible, they bite the necks of yankees, drink their blood and literally rip the iPods from their bodies.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps