Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Disconnected From Reality? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Disconnected From Reality?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the question then becomes - if Nim goes back in time and kills his own grandfather, can we all watch?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're all disconnected from reality!

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Theory: If Guy Fawkes had finished his mission to complete success, ie a new catholic head of state had been installed (instead of catholics being treated even worse after Fawkes), would perhaps the 'puritan' future colonizers of America not have been born? I'm just wool-gathering here, I'm not anti-US."

Presumably, you're thinking of the Mayflower colonists (alias "the Pilgrims"). They weren't really as important as people think.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sort of like the British Military.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
There are remarkably few correct details in your post.

I guess that sounds harsher than I intended, but still.

Please elaborate, oh wise one.
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
So the question then becomes - if Nim goes back in time and kills his own grandfather, can we all watch?

That could turn into one of those temporal paradox things where Nim is his own grandfather, and since it could not be as amusing as when they did it on Futurama, lets skip it.

Nim, stop looking at your gamndma that way!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Please elaborate, oh wise one."

Well, starting with the most easily verifiable, Kanye West is a rapper, not a comic...

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Roswell That Ends Well." Best episode title EVAR.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN brote:
quote:
Well, starting with the most easily verifiable, Kanye West is a rapper, not a comic...
And what of his long-lost uncle? ($$$$ plot or ending details follow)
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that(those) website(s). Especially the Dueling Farts.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Adam West is the man now, dog?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Please elaborate, oh wise one."

Yeah, I caught that after the fact too (I never heard of him prior to his remarks, so...)
The rest is on the money though- it's sad that a lot of people now think Bush is racist: there's even a rap song sampling the whole "bush does not care about black people" line.

As I mentioned, I think it's more that he does not care about poor people (or at least does not have sympathy for the working class).

Meh. Everyone in government sucks. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure is unfair to judge the President by his actions (or lack thereof).
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

None of his actions speak of racism though- gross uncaring, favoritism, cronyism, fingerpointing, back-room dealing, political backstabbing, lies, misleading the public, getting us into an un-needed war, favoring big business over people, destroying a quarter century of environmental protections, and allowing a terrorist to escape justice by offering him asylum in the U.S.... but not racism.

So, you see, he's really a great President after all. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
So, you see, he's really a great President after all. [Wink]

You should never say that under any circumstances.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

?

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps