Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Former Canadian Minister Of Defence goes insane. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Former Canadian Minister Of Defence goes insane.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really- read this and tell me he's not nuts or pulling an early April Fool's gag.

quote:
On September 25, 2005, in a startling speech at the University of Toronto that caught the attention of mainstream newspapers and magazines, Paul Hellyer, Canada�s Defence Minister from 1963-67 under Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Prime Minister Lester Pearson, publicly stated: "UFOs, are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head."

Mr. Hellyer went on to say, "I'm so concerned about what the consequences might be of starting an intergalactic war, that I just think I had to say something."

Hellyer revealed, "The secrecy involved in all matters pertaining to the Roswell incident was unparalled. The classification was, from the outset, above top secret, so the vast majority of U.S. officials and politicians, let alone a mere allied minister of defence, were never in-the-loop."

Hellyer warned, "The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. He stated, "The Bush administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."

Hoo-kay...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well, he is something like 82 [Big Grin]

I'm glad that you've mentioned that he's a former minister of defence. Most places I've seen this article, people seem to think the whole country is behind this.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks around suspiciously* What have you heard? We Canadians know nothing of Exopolitics... *talks into communicator* He knows too much, he must be liquidated...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exploited by reporters, prahaps?

Still, this guy once had access to nuclear weapons...who's to say he was not this nuts back then?

Besides, the US can't catch Bin Laden in two countries, how in fuck could we track and fire upon a ship that could be anywhere in the solar system?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did we have nuclear weapons? Or did he have access from somewhere else?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

1967...I think you had some as part of NATO -or we just stuck a bunch of missiles in your country and said they were yours.

That whole "mutally assured destruction" bit back when men were men, communists were evil and you coud survive a nuclear blast by ducking your head under your schooldesk.

...and aliens were gay men in silver jumpsuirs with glitter on Lost In Space.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's probably it. If he HAD nukes, we didn't make them ourselves. We've got better things to use our Uranium for. A few years back there was talk of the US shipping loads of nuclear waste into northern Saskatchewan and dumping it into the Canadian Sheild. Does anyone know what ever happened with that?

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not remember Canada ever having nukes.... Their own or ours.

Not thinking of the Soviet Union and Cuba are you????

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

"From the 1960s to 1984, there were American nuclear weapons in Canada. These were placed under dual-key rules whereby both Canadian and American authorities had to authorize a launch. Pierre Trudeau, Pearson's successor as prime minister, was opposed to these missiles, and in 1971, declared Canada a non-nuclear country. The missiles were moved out of Canada."

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were moved out of Canada 13 years later, of course.

--------------------
Meh

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sit corrected.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
A few years back there was talk of the US shipping loads of nuclear waste into northern Saskatchewan and dumping it into the Canadian Sheild. Does anyone know what ever happened with that?

We kept the nuclear waste and shipped up all the extra Cabbage Patch Dolls, ET toys, Simpsons junk, Power Rangers, Pokemon, YuGiOh, first generation Nientendos, Genesis and Atari consoles -with all their useless old games, Go Bots, Syquest drives and every 5" floppy disk ever made (all holdovers from Christmas seasons past that had been building up for years), into one giant landfill, covered it up with dirt and just called it another mountain in your pristine wilderness.

In return, we secretly pay for your healthcare.
...and protect you from aliens, of course.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

There's a massive pile of old Nintendos out there?? I could be rich!

[Big Grin]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You gotta dig for 'em: the shell of the mountain is an 8" thick barrier of frozen floppy disks (most of which have old resumes done on WordPerfect 2.0).

Plus, most of the Nientendo equipment is that lame-ass robot that came with the first system and the gun that could never actually blow the stupid dog from Duck Hunt away.

...and oh, how I tried!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
Member # 528

Actually I did shoot the dog once. Boy was he pissed. or maybe that was some twisted dream I had after playing the game for 8 hours straight. After that long I couldn't distinguish reality from nintendo. Everything was 8-bit, EVERYTHING!

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps