Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Canada to send troops to Iraq.... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Canada to send troops to Iraq....
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will Canada send troops to Iraq?
Will Canada become the 51st state?
Will Canada ban homosexual acts?
Will Canada become a religious state?
Will Canadians subscribe to American-Style Health Care?
Will Stephen Harper become Dubya's newest best friend?

Well, not quite.

The Conservatives (aka ultra right Republicans) have won the Canadian election, but only a minority victory. So, maybe few or none of these things will come to pass...

In other news, Toronto becomes the temporary gay marriage capital of the world......

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats it, I'm moving to space.
Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure not to be hit by the now-Canadian-supported American missile-defense system.....

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweeet.

Soon Canadians will learn the vital survival skills of combat as their gun violence rate increases, major corporations ride roughshod over laws and the environment and their personal freedoms will be stripped away one at a time in the nmae of "National Security".

Then Canada and America will have the most effective soldiers ever known- because the general populace will be too poor not to join the military, and so pissed at everything they'll kill whatever they can.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't look at me. I voted Green.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bwahahahahaah!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
Will Canada send troops to Iraq?
Will Canada become the 51st state?
Will Canada ban homosexual acts?
Will Canada become a religious state?
Will Canadians subscribe to American-Style Health Care?
Will Stephen Harper become Dubya's newest best friend?

1. No, I think most of our allies are pulling their troops out anyway.
2. No, perhaps the 51st-55th, yeah, not all of your Provinces will count as states.. and you can keep Quebec. *L*
3. *shrugs*
4. It better be Evangelical or there could be an American Jihad.
5. NOOOOOO! Where would we repurchase our drugs from at a lower cost??!?!?
6. Who? You should have kept the last leader fellow, at least 1% of the American public knew who he was at least.

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh to be in England in the erm... early spring time?

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, how cute. America Jr. had an election!

[Big Grin]

B.J.

Saltah'na
Member # 33

I actually didn't vote for this election. You've got Liberal Party scandals on the left side, and dislikeable Conservative Party agendas on the right side. And for some reason, I think Jack Layton should have stayed in Toronto as a municipal councillor.

I should keep my eyes peeled.... we've just became a much more tempting target for terrorism.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:

I should keep my eyes peeled.... we've just became a much more tempting target for terrorism.

That sounds like a line from the old Adam west Batman show.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
Thats it, I'm moving to space.

I'm with you.

I didn't vote either. I don't really care who runs the country, there going to do a crappy job of it anyways, just like the government before them.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thinking.
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to form some kind of awesom nerd party.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Why? Apathy seems to be the only clear winner here.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps