Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Too hot to handle (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Too hot to handle
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, its a sweltering 82�F here in Buffalo. This is the hottest weather we've had, and although many people ventured out today, I stayed in my room, in front of my fan.

After weeks of on and off weather, we finally get a solid week of warm beautiful weather...and it looks like storms for the rest of this week...Frankly, I miss thunderstorms, hehehe.

How is everything elsewhere?

------------------
Distance is to a relationship as wind is to a flame. If the flame is small, it will snuff the flame out. If the flame is big, the wind will fan the flame, making is grow hotter. - Unknown

Romance is when you can't see any faults in your partner. Love is when you see all of them, but continue to love that person anyway. - Baloo

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Houston it's hot. And I mean freakin' hot. 91�F is the current temperature (32.8�C). The humidity has been terrible! It rained Monday morning, but it was a hot sticky rain. If I had the money, I'd transfer to the University of Wisconsin!

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been on and off cold/warm here, with nice sunshine most of the time... VERY windy, though. The past few days have been rainy.... *shudders at thought of thunderstorms* .... I hope it gets nice again soon!

------------------
When I saw you I fell in love,
and you smiled because you knew
- Unkown

...if you should die before me,
ask if you could bring a friend...
- Unkown

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Summer's been trying to force its way into eastern New Mexico these past few weeks. We've had highs in the eighties (~mid-20s C) recently, but today's high temp was in the 50s (~mid teens C).

--Baloo

------------------
Technobabble Incorporated!
Taking technology to the edge...
...and pushing it over!
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, today it was supposed to be typical Southern weather with hot sticky skies. But the clouds never let the temperatures get to 80 degrees (Farenheit), so wearing khakis today wasn't too bad. It supposed to stay like this for the next five days. Hopefully it will be about today's temperature in a week and a half since many of my friends will be graduating outside in the field behind me as I write this message.

On the really positive side, I finished my last exam! (Whoo Hoo!) Now I can get back to reading Sun Tzu's The Art of War for fun, and not graded. (We had the pleasure of reading it for Conflict Management. Somethign we can all use skills in. Recommend it to anyone.)

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh, don't get me started about the weather.

Has anyone noticed how MORONIC the general public can be? Take last summer for example. El Nino or whatever it was. TERRIBLY hot. Everyone was sitting in front of their fans or in their air-conditoned houses, whining and complaining, WISHING for summer to be over, PRAYING for winter to come and save them.................and what happens when winter finally does arrive? THAT'S RIGHT! THEY WHINE ABOUT THAT TOO!! Jeez!! Ohhhh, close the window, I'm too cold. Ohh, let's get some more wood on that fire. Ohh, this is a cold winter! *ROLLS EYES* So soon people forget........ARRG. Like on the bus (we have a rapid-transit system here, believe it or not).....it's the same every year.
In the summer, the windows are wide open and everyone's complaining about the heat. But when winter comes, do you see ANYONE opening the window to ENJOY the cold they've wished would come for 4 months? NO. --Coddman
P.S., as far as responding to the TOPIC.....the weather here has been unsatisfactory. It's too damn hot. But of course, hot for me is 19 Deg. Celcius (What's that??)................. (or, for those metric-challenged homo-habiluses out there, "66 Deg. Farenheight" LOL, is that more familiar?). Hehe

------------------
(Insert witty, attention-grabbing and extremely cool signature that inspires envy from all who see it Here.)

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
West of Scotland has had sunny skies and temps around 20 Celsius for the past week. Until today, and the RAIN. D'oh!

------------------
"Plagues extinguished, the world becomes smaller.
For a long time there is peace in empty lands.
People will walk safely by air, land, sea, waves.
Then again wars will be stirred up..."

- Nostradamus, 1568

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those dictionary-challenged people its Celsius and Farhenheit...And just because I choose to use one form of measurement does not make me metrically challenged...

Now if you excuse me, I have a 2lb, 1.5 cubit sub to eat.

------------------
Distance is to a relationship as wind is to a flame. If the flame is small, it will snuff the flame out. If the flame is big, the wind will fan the flame, making is grow hotter. - Unknown

Romance is when you can't see any faults in your partner. Love is when you see all of them, but continue to love that person anyway. - Baloo

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use both the metric and Imperial systems, although I prefer metric, and delight in calling people "Imperial scum" (jokingly, of course). If I had my way, we would all use Kelvins for temperature. It's 300 degrees out, and that's the way it is. Etc.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Walter Barnett: "D-Did that thing just shatter an overpass into dust?"
Donny Finkleberg: "No, I...I think it was an entrance ramp."

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Give me a break, ok? *LOL* It was 3 AM when I wrote that, and I don't remember writing it.

------------------
(Insert witty, attention-grabbing and extremely cool signature that inspires envy from all who see it Here.)

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Well, I survived YET another 84� F day... Very humid as well. Its supposed to be cooler though tomorrow! Woo!

And no I will not convert that to Celsius.

------------------

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Upper Michigan: ~50� today, ~70� the week before I left. Cold rain today.

North Coast of Jamaica: ~90� with like 90% humidity! Some rain, but in the evening.

(I just had to throw in the Jamaica part...hehe)

------------------
"Chances thrown / Nothing's free / Looking for what used to be / Still it's hard / Hard to see / Fragile lives, shattered dreams..."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here in the amazing great etc UK we use both. Centigrade because it's more logical, modern, and we can understand it in Trek without having to convert it, but we also understand Farenheit, so that when old people talk we can understand.

Actually, most of my generation quite happily interchanged Centigrade, Farenheit, inches, centimetres, metres, miles, feet.
Strangely a lot more people know their height in metres than know their weight in kilograms. (I'm around 1.8 and 75 I think).
And we weight using stones and pounds too...

And yard seems to have fallen into dissuse.

I hate the indeterminate weather we're having now. If I take a coat to uni I'm hot, and end up stuffing it in my bag. If I don't it starts raining, and I become cold and wet. Hot, cold, I don't mind, but just MAKE YOUR MIND UP!

------------------
'You want the moon on a stick, don't you?'
-Richard Herring

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought weight was supposed to be measured in newtons?

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
*looks at the time Siggy posted*

Is there anyone over there who's NOT online right now, sometime after 4 in the mroning?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps