Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Montgomery ?????!!!!?!?!!! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Montgomery ?????!!!!?!?!!!
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
You collect pins?

You'll excuse me if I don't describe my loft, it's far too cool to put in words.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, sort of.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Walter Barnett: "D-Did that thing just shatter an overpass into dust?"
Donny Finkleberg: "No, I...I think it was an entrance ramp."

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My room is very romantic. It has to be, it's the room of a Sex Goddess.

*grin*

------------------
When I saw you I fell in love,
and you smiled because you knew
- Unkown

...if you should die before me,
ask if you could bring a friend...
- Unkown

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...just to join the band wagon. Wooden floor, lime green walls. Yellow ceiling. Black blinds at the two windows. Furniture is pine and green. Computer desk..(with comp...naked woman on desktop star wars lego on the top) 2 wardrobes filles with mailnly black clothes.Large freestanding Bookcase. Contents cover Ancient Cultures, Cultural Geography, Early Modern History and Drama / Theatre. Double bed with Midnight blue quilt cover...metal bed frame with yes you've guessed it hand cuffs and nipple clamps handy. Book shelves wall mounted..containing Anne Rice, Stephen King, various other ST and sci Fi tomes. Bedside table...green lamp and a copy of ' Piercing the Darkness' Underground with vampires in America today, and a candle. Walls are donned with Austin Powers Poster over the bed. 'A bugs life' 1.5m / 1m poster and other similar stuff really. Dull, but homely.

------------------
I'm the Worlds First Fully Functional Homicidal Artist.....

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, see, now look what you've done, you've gotten me started on the contents of my shelves.

A complete list of works would take too long, so I'll just list as many authors as I can remember:

Isaac Asimov
David Brin
Greg Bear
Robert Forward
Greg Benford
Arthur C. Clarke
Robert Heinlein
Larry Niven
Jerry Pournelle
Charles Sheffield
Neil Gaiman
Anne Rice
H.P. Lovecraft
Harry Harrison
Peter David
Wayne Douglas Barlowe
Dougal Dixon
Diane Duane
Roy Gallant
Fred Saberhagen
Gary Larson
Bill Watterson
Scott Adams
Charles Darwin
Carl Sagan
Stephen Hawking

(that's all I can remember off the top of my head, but suffice it to say that I once typed a list of every SF/Fantasy/Horror book I owned, and single-spaced, it stretched across 11 pages.)

Oh, and I also own a copy of nearly every Star Trek book Pocket Books has published, along with most of the old Bantam books, etc.

I once said "I'm going to marry the girl who's impressed by that."

Found one so far, we're not married yet, though.

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I almost forgot:

MaGiC: Is that "Piercing the Darkness" book any good? I almost bought a copy of it, but didn't have enough cash on me, and when I came back, it was gone.

---------------
'"Vampires are funny folks" said the Demon' -- R.F. Rage

"Silver bullets are for werewolves, you idiot.. I'm a Vampire." -- some movie I forget

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*hears the mentioning of Sci-Fi/Fantasy novels/authors* Anyone here read Piers Anthony?? That guy writes FABULOUS books!! :-)

------------------
**The Light only shines in the dark, and sometimes innocence is just an excuse for the guilty**

The First One
Member # 35

Piers Anthony? I have the entire Phaze series, and I've also read the Incarnations of Immortality series, the Omnivore trilogy, Macroscope, the Bio of a Space Tyrant books. . . but then I got bored.

I'm feeling very ambivalent about my shelves right now. For a start, the roof slopes down to such an extent that I had to get quite low ones. Now I look at them, I think I need to extend them along the wall a bit. . . you can see them at the IKEA site, they have this cool Java application that lets you design your perfect shelf plan:

IVAR design tool 8)

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah--all i've really read so far are the Incarnations of Immortality...trying to find something of his that even compares to it. :P I read the first Xanth novel--Spell for Chameleon, but that didn't cut it. Right now, I've started his Apprentice Adept trilogy--starts with Split Infinity. it's pretty good, but nowhere near as entertaining as the Incarnations. Honestly, his author's notes are half the fun of reading a book, sometimes *L* :-)

------------------
**The Light only shines in the dark, and sometimes innocence is just an excuse for the guilty**

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spell for Chameleon was my first Piers Anthony book.... I proceeded to buy and read the next 5 books in the series.. the most recent one I've read is "The Colour of her Panties". I have wanted to go pick up some more, but no cash flow for it.
Piers Anthony ROCKS.

------------------
When I saw you I fell in love,
and you smiled because you knew
- Unkown

...if you should die before me,
ask if you could bring a friend...
- Unkown

The First One
Member # 35

Hmm. . . The Adept trilogy was later expanded inot the Phaze series, largely the next generation as it were. But it wasn't nearly the same, and I think the whole thing suffered. Plus the plots got so complicated every encounter turned into a lengthy plot summary. . .

Another thing I've noticed about Anthony: has he ever heard of the word 'favour?' Every time a character in any of his books wants something from someone, they end up having to do something specific in return. The Adept trilogy would be one book if it wasn't for the endless padding in the form of diversionary subplots. Having read some of his interminable biographical info, I wonder.

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

*L* but that's what makes for plot! and being a writer myself...i learned the hard way...very hard way *L* about needing plot. he may never employ favors, but he does rely on the ancient practice of the quid pro quo ;-)

Spell was my first, too. couldn't find Pale Horse, so I started with the next best thing, as was referred to me. So Apprentice Adept is the Phaze series? Mas bueno! all the more for me to read!! HEHE...I'm in the same position as Jubes though--little to no cash available *snif* must use crappy library copies and cannot read at my leisure :P

...i'm finding there are a lot more Anthony fans out there in the woodwork than I ever imagined! *L* no WONDER the man is so successful *L*

------------------
Clones are People Two

The First One
Member # 35

"Pale Horse" was the best. . . the series then degenerated into all the usual stuff, and only picked up with "For Love of Evil" which even though it was telling the whole previous 5 books from a different perspective was quite good. Then last came "And Eternity" which unlike all the others couldn't bear to put a human as God - very Christian, very predictable - and was a complete flop.
Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

*chuckles* i wouldn't quite say "and eternity" was truly Christian...i mean, the whole way they portrayed God in it was rather...contrary, i suppose. I mean, the prayers falling on deaf ears and all. :P i picked up the book the fall of my senior year in high school...my mom saw the cover and forbid me to read it *LOL* (for whoever has never seen the paperback version, a teenage prostitute is on the cover with a couple other characters...she's rather scantily clad *L*...gave my mom a fright i think) it was quite good, though. i just never got time to read it after i came to college :P I do agree, though. "On a Pale Horse" was by far the best of the series, and "For Love of Evil" was one of the better ones as well. Interesting tidbit--there's a pasture across the street from my house (yes...i DO live in Tennessee, anyway... *L*) and there is a pale white horse i've seen there on occasion. hehe. i named him Mortis. he's cute. :-) I would LOVE to have a horse if I could afford one...who knows. maybe some day i'll be as successful in my writing as P.A. is and I'll GET myself a pale white horse and name him Mortis hehe.

------------------
Clones are People Two

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps