Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The smell of tobacco... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The smell of tobacco...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 1983 I was stationed in North Carolina (Tobacco Country). Generic cigs in the commissary were as low as $2.00 a carton! One time I got some smokes that were 2 bucks a carton, with a $3 off coupon! "Limit 4 to a customer." So I got four. Paid for my lunch with the proceeds.

------------------
Next: proving that stepping on a crack won't break your mother's back. Nothing against Mom, but sometimes we all have to make sacrifices for the greater good.

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROTFLMAO!!

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday was just plain bad, bad, bad!

I was driven to such distraction that around 11:00 a.m., I bought a pack of cigs.

I smoked one or two at a time throughout the day, but still managed not to smoke the whole thing.

This morning I had enough strength of will to take the pack, destroy the remaining smokes, and throw away the pack. Don't cheer yet.

Day three is supposed to be the toughest, but I dunno if cheating yesterday resets the clock or not. Today doesn't seem too bad yet.

We'll see.

--Baloo

------------------
I just hope that no one in heaven wears stupid T-Shirts that say �I Survived the End of the World and all I got was this crummy T-shirt!�

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't beat up on yourself. At least you threw the rest of the damn things away. The last time I quit it would have taken several Green Berets and a crowbar to take away the new pack from me.

You can do it.

------------------
"'I'm afraid there's nowhere for you to sit,' I said coldly; 'the verandah is full of goats.'" --Saki "The Guests"

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technically. I believe, that resets the clock.
Stick with it, however. You CAN do it.
Don't think of it as a smoke.
Think of it as putting dead, burning weeds in your mouth.
I did once know a guy who managed to shift his cravings from tobacco to ho-hos... or was that a part of a Bloom County strip?
ARGH...

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try putting up a counter on your web-page, showing how many days it's been since your last smoke.
Also, try putting up a money counter, showing how much money you've saved every day.

Most of all, DO something. Don't sit around worring about it. Try to find all the situations that made you smoke...going to the pub, browsing the web, sitting on the loo, and avoid them.
Well, okay, avoiding the loo will be difficult. But you could always take a book in there.

Go out to places that are non-smoking, so that you can't smoke even if you wanted to.

------------------
'Those are the headlines. Happy now?'
-Chris Morris.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

I'm just glad I don't live in California any more. The anti-smoking Temperance Movement is on such a high horse that it's a pleasure to court cancer just so you can piss 'em off.

They have all tha tact of a group of sanctimonious [illegitimate children] going to a leper colony and tut-tutting the lepers 'cuz they can't seem to hold it together as well as they.

(Hmmm... Nicotine withdrawal does seem to make one more prone to go on about things, doesn't it?)

--Bal[AAAAAAAAAAAAaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhh]oo

(No. That didn't make me feel better.)

------------------
I just hope that no one in heaven wears stupid T-Shirts that say �I Survived the End of the World and all I got was this crummy T-shirt!�

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps